When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

waterproofing a Bentley GT

db1

hi,

i was wondering if its possible to water proof a Bentley GT rep, i heard from one of the members here that it doesnt come anyhow waterproofed from the factory.

i am not dreaming of making it "diving proof", but making the watch water resistent would be nice (stuff like washing hands with the watch and etc..)

i know i can have a local watchsmith add a gasket where the case back is, with added sealing grease and seal the back to water for some depth (10-30 meters)

but what about the chrono pushers? and the crown? those these can also have gaskets added to them?

and how? what process should it take.

yeah i know, havent got my GT yet, but anyway i make plans in advance in order to know what are my options.

any help will be great !

Edited by db1

always weak point on chronos m8, I wouldn't take the chance ....

A lot of dealers say there watches are waterresistant, mostly this means for on a rainy day, only a few get pressuretested.

Just ask your dealer and explain what you want with the watch you want to buy

good luck

The rotating bezel design on these would be a weak point for water entry, as well as the pushers.Personally I don't think it wold be possible. If I had the gen I would keep it well away from water too.

Amen... I've had my GT for the better part of 1 year... & I absolutely refuse to bring it near water... Except to wipe it down... :p