When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wow...enough of that!

donce

I am going to post about something pleasant here!

This weekend I bought 2 of the newer iPhones for my family(me and wifey). It seems like it will be a fun and usable device, but a huge change from the last 7 Moto phones I have owned(should have been 8, but someone in the UK is drinking $680 of ale on me!....pug knows a little about the story).

I decided to get it remembering a post I asked about several months ago involving the display of web pages....especially this one.

Any input of making my introduction snag-free would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!!

I got two pieces to, unlocked it tho, bought one for my father! Some cute girl I used to date brought it from America for me, heard the prices in Europe for the Iphone is a killer, as well as unlocking it officially 1000euro+. The typing is one thing you need to get used to, but like Pugwash said rest is pretty straight forward, ohh try learing how to take pics of yourself, coz holding the thing it kinda hard.

price on ebay is 829$ shipped express 2days to europe :) then its unlocked and many programs on it..

Humm,maybe maybe.

I have looked and found them to be sold unlocked.....I guess if I were on another network, I would have done so.

I agree with Pug...Typing will be very different, in fact, no more typing on the way in to work I guess? Well, maybe for now....

I have a director of the department I work in who is somewhat of a Mac-person....He was one of those who chose to stand in line the day of the release. He is now on his 3rd phone(Thank goodness for AppleCare!)!!! I will quiz him when I get a chance.

How does it function on WiFi? Speedy or not? I haven't had time to enter the security info yet, but I will at some point later this week.

I finally found a case I could deal with....shocked at the limited selection of side-mounted types at the Apple Store, but did they ever have a selection for my wife!!

Thanks for the info guys!!!!

I agree with Pug...Typing will be very different, in fact, no more typing on the way in to work I guess? Well, maybe for now....

Typing is difficult for less than a day. You'll get used to it remarkably quickly. Your wife, however, may find it tricky if she has very long nails.

I can do emails and simple forum posts (no copy/paste) on the train without a problem. It gets very easy very quickly.

Typing is difficult for less than a day. You'll get used to it remarkably quickly. Your wife, however, may find it tricky if she has very long nails.

I can do emails and simple forum posts (no copy/paste) on the train without a problem. It gets very easy very quickly.

Not too bad after a day with it....I am hitting most of the letters without trouble. One issue that I am about to start working on involves the contacts that somehow got duplicated(multiples on some up to 5) due to phone tools and backing-up on an external drive.

"I remember when all you needed to look flash was one of these. These phones were CLASS. Pure luxury status symbol goodness."

AND remember how expensive that boat anchor was!!!!!!

Typing was a problem for me (at least initially) and can still be a problem whilst inebriated however I'm getting better (not sure if that's a good thing though :( )

Anyways, one cool feature I like is:

When the phone is locked and you're using the iPod app to play music, instead of having to swipe, unlock, select iPod, etc. you can just double tap the home button and it'll bring up a small menu allowing you to pause, change volume, go forward or go back. Pretty handy if you ask me!!!