When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ya just never know when 2000 feet just isnt deep enough!

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

You would think with my affinity for dive watches I would go back and get my certification again... BUT NO. My watches havent seen depths deeper than the swim tank in over 5 years.

Anyway, here is a group shot of my deep divers.

SSD with new insert, pearl, gen crown and tube (I know... the rep was good...), shaved CG's and a gen bracelet.

1165 with shaved CG's, insert and pearl, drilled spring bar holes and gen spring bars.

SFSO... not much to change there...

Bond watch with aftermarket insert.

post-7311-1202678306_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1202678474_thumb.jpg

Lookin' good carlsbad! I wouldn't hesitate going on a deepsea dive with the super sea dweller..Remember a while back when someone took it in a heliox chamber for a few days and it came out virtually untouched..Nice set of divers watches!

Nice collection Carl! I like what you did to the SSD, are you happy with the results?

Here's a pic of my modded mbw (gen 1570, crown, tube, bracelet, insert.. beautiful work by The Zigmeister). I took this shot of it laying on my drysuit next to my aqua-lung regulator.

I just picked up the parts for another one; this time it will have a functional hev courtesy a 'nam case.

I recommend renewing your cert for sure. Diving has got to be one of the best things I have ever done. B)

IMG_1557.jpg

Nice collection Carl! I like what you did to the SSD, are you happy with the results?

Here's a pic of my modded mbw (gen 1570, crown, tube, bracelet, insert.. beautiful work by Ziggy). I took this shot of it laying on my drysuit next to my aqua-lung regulator.

I just picked up the parts for another one; this time it will have a functional hev courtesy a 'nam case.

I recommend renewing your cert for sure. Diving has got to be one of the best things I have ever done. B)

IMG_1557.jpg

Wow...gorgeous...a little rich for my replica budget though...my MBW 1665 got a vintage lume from Ziggy, gen crown, gen crystal, gne insert, lug hole drilling...but a gen bracelet in the upper hundreds (and the gen movement...a great fantasy but...too much money and case modification) is just too much for me ona replica.

I am envious though...what a beautiful watch.

You would think with my affinity for dive watches I would go back and get my certification again... BUT NO. My watches havent seen depths deeper than the swim tank in over 5 years...

Yeah...It's like buying a sports car and never going over a 100 mph or taking an off-ramp at over 60 mph! That's why I love autocross events!!! So MUCH fun that it should be illegal. :p

...Bond watch with aftermarket insert.

Was the pearl in your Omega Bond watch part of the insert or separate like in the UPOs? Where did you find this particular after-market insert?

Please let me know...Thanks!