When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 Day Wheel, Stem & Indicies

drop

Hi there.

Replaced my 3717 day and date wheels but I'm still having trouble with the day wheel... the spring and click tab seem OK, but the day wheel disenegages after a day change or two - leaving me in between days in the window. Most frustrating as everything seems lined-up fine. Any advice?

Also my stem feels too short, does anyone know the appropriate part number for the replacement?

Finally, the darn 3 and 6 dial indicies are cracked. Has anyone devised a fix for these or know of a good replacement (marshmallow maybe? ;) )

Cheers!

Hi there.

Replaced my 3717 day and date wheels but I'm still having trouble with the day wheel... the spring and click tab seem OK, but the day wheel disenegages after a day change or two - leaving me in between days in the window. Most frustrating as everything seems lined-up fine. Any advice?

Also my stem feels too short, does anyone know the appropriate part number for the replacement?

Finally, the darn 3 and 6 dial indicies are cracked. Has anyone devised a fix for these or know of a good replacement (marshmallow maybe? ;) )

Cheers!

I think this is you problem:

img1060cm4.jpg

Sorry for my English. The right arm of the spring is not correctly placed (black arrow). It must be on the left side of the piece where is resting now.

If this is your problem, and you want to solve it, I recommend you to follow this procedure:

copiadeimg1062hu0.jpg

Remove ONLY the upper screw. Then try to place the right arm of the spring in the correct place. How? I cannot see it!!. Just try it. You will know that it is correctly placed when you press the head of the piece (green arrow) and the piece returns to its original position (the spring is working). In my opinion, this is an easier option instead of removing all the parts.

This pictures are from a tutorial I wrote, but it is written in Spanish, here:

http://www.replic.as/viewtopic.php?t=7190&highlight=

Edited by Francisco

Thank you both very much! That spring definitely has a tendency to pop out - if that's not the problem I'll try the dial washer.

Now, it's just a pity I have to buy a new dial to fix those darn hour markers... at least I got a good deal on the watch <_<