When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK new Patek Nautilus Jumbo

Rolecs

Hello,

what you guys thinking of the new Patek Nautilus Jumbo sold by TTK?

I really like this watch, especially in Steel with the blue dial.

av-288.jpg

Do you think that the "21j Asian automatic" mouvement is reliable?

Thx

Edited by Rolecs

Thx

Of course it isnt!

It will wait untill youre asleep then rip your throat out,

and you will be damned to join the legions of the undead,

who were foolhardy enough not to go ETA

:rolleyes:

Edited by narikaa

Of course it isnt!

It will wait untill youre asleep then rip your throat out,

and you will be damned to join the legions of the undead,

who were foolhardy enough not to go ETA

:rolleyes:

Sorry, but for a newbie (as me) your remark is difficult to understand... but I'm really interested in knowing your opinion

Sorry meant as humor not to misslead

I think you will find these are an impressive watch for the money and that their movements have stood the test of time with 100,000's of them merrily ticking away around the globe.

(I have two in my personal collection - one all steel per your photo, & one all gold plated)

Edited by narikaa

Hello,

what you guys thinking of the new Patek Nautilus Jumbo sold by TTK?

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=66552

I really like this watch, especially in Steel with the blue dial.

av-288.jpg

Thx

Mine arrived frozen : I've had two in a row that don't run. I can't get TTk to do anything so far. I had the first looked at by a local jewelr to see if it was something simple : No luck.

Mine arrived frozen : I've had two in a row that don't run. I can't get TTk to do anything so far. I had the first looked at by a local jewelr to see if it was something simple : No luck.

When you say "Frozen", you mean "Dead"? Two in a row? Wow! That seems odd because I thought TTK himself QCs all the watches that he sells before he ships them out! I wonder if anyone else out there have the same experience???

TTK seems to have a good reputation here, except for a few disgruntled customer on other sites! You'll probably hear from him soon... All you need is probably a new movement , those Chinese 21J are dirt cheap especially from his end. OttoFrei sells them for around $15!

Good Luck! I hope I don't have the same problems with my first orders from him, which I hope I'll recieve this week!~!

I've also some difficult to understand your problem.

Hike please give us your feedback as soon as you get the watch (IMHO I'm pretty confident about TTK)

Edited by Rolecs

I've also some difficult to understand your problem.

Hike please give us your feedback as soon as you get the watch (IMHO I'm pretty confident about TTK)

Hi Rolecs, if you mean that I ordered the PP Nautilus, no I didn't! I ordered 4 completely diff. watches.

BTW, I can see that TTK is reading these exchanges.......Hey Yo, TTK...maybe you would like to chime in!!!

I don't know how yours arrived frozen....because I've never sold you a Patek.....2x AP's only....1x Royal Oak....and 1x Royal Oak Offshore.....the first you claimed had stopped 'running'...after 4-5 days..(?)..which you chose to have repaired locally....and the 2nd was an AP Royal Oak Offshore....which you only received on 4TH FEB.....for which you have neither notified me of receipt nor that it is 'frozen'......what do you mean by 'frozen'....is it cold.....or what.....and please remember these are AP's I sent you...not PP's...and neither are Asian 21j's.

S'funny.....in going over our Skype chats.....I recall you posting the following...!

[11/9/2007 7:28:50 AM] jeffrey says: I received AP - looks beautiful ; bracelet is apart. Should I take out one of those little screws and try to screw it in right position ?

[11/9/2007 11:33:32 AM] TTK2002 says: yes....if you're not comfortable about doing it....PLEASE use a mall jeweller to do it....DO NOT LOSE ANY SCREWS>......

[11/9/2007 8:30:21 PM] jeffrey says: I did it successfully. The watch does seem like a quality piece. Whatn is the movement ?

[11/9/2007 8:31:44 PM] TTK2002 says: It's a Swiss ETA 2836-2 25j movement

[11/9/2007 8:33:09 PM] jeffrey says: You'll have to keep me informed what you have access to in this high quality, beautiful

[11/9/2007 8:35:12 PM] jeffrey says: class, AP, Patek, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[11/18/2007 4:06:41 AM] jeffrey says: Hi Neil,

[11/18/2007 4:11:40 AM] jeffrey says: I've had a chance to wear the AP and I'm very pleased. The band, the look and feel, and most importantly, the mechanical quality of functions ( setting date and time ) are the best and most elegant of any rep I own. The movement we'll see in time.

[11/18/2007 4:14:10 AM] jeffrey says: Is there another watch truly as good. I know you hav suggested the PP and I've hesitated because it's so similar, but if it's as good, I'd go for it.

[11/18/2007 4:19:40 AM] jeffrey says: I've seen other AP's that are very nice The APEOD and the APROO - 30 - MBW I've seen on Pure Time's site. What about those. Let me know which ones you know are as good as the one I have.

[11/18/2007 4:19:59 AM] jeffrey says: Thanks,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[12/3/2007 8:39:38 PM] jeffrey says: Hi Neil ;

[12/3/2007 8:39:47 PM] jeffrey says: Hi Neil,

[12/3/2007 8:41:56 PM] jeffrey says: I'm glad you called. I was almost going to give up, but knowing you're there reassures me.

[12/3/2007 8:43:03 PM] jeffrey says: I was surprised at the probem with the AP. The watch looked beautiful and felt like a real quality item. As a relative newcomer seeking the highest quality reps, I was enthused. Then it didn't run, and after a while, in frustration I roughly pulled the crown and snapped it. I'll get it all fixed here unless there's something complicated with the movement. Anyhow I basically feel I'll be able to handle it - it was a bad break ; the watch could have been really great and I'm hopeing the nautilus will be.

You never ordered a Nautilus from me.....you ordered an AP Royal OakOffshore......the 1st AP Royal Oak was fitted with a Swiss ETA 2836-2 25j auto movement which I've never had a return on.....never a problem with any ETA.......!

And I'm completely unsure as to why you are lying about...."I can't get TTk to do anything so far"

I called you on my own dime.....at which point you said you could have it fixed locally....and then you asked me to supply you with some knives I was advertising at the time......I offered and agreed with you on the phone that I would send you 3x knives F.O.C.....as you were taking care of the AP yourself.....not only did you not let me know that you received the knives.....I never received a word of thanks...NOR any communication from you that you were unable to have the 1st AP repaired....which I provide a warranty for..... .and as of 4th February....you have NOT notified me of any problem with the 2nd AP that I sent you.....I presume you didn't SNAP the crown on that one......'cos that watch was thoroughly tested and found NOT WANTING........I'm unsure as to whether I can makethe same claim with regard to your handling of these items....!

The question I keep asking myself is....'why are there so many liars on these forums".....?

Edited by TTK

Mendota, WTF man? After reading TTKs response, you don't look good! You can't misrepresent yourself that way?! When you say or claim "arrive frozen"...that means DOA!!!!! and not dead after so many days or weeks or god forbid, after a month or so! And claiming a totally Diff. brand??? Ah yayay.......That's crazy...please don't add anymore sh&*t like this to this forum! We got enough already! If you wanna display dirty laundry, please make sure it's dirty!!!

@Hike......your items have landed on US shores.....!

DATETIME Scan Location Description

February 7, 2008

19:39:17 PATTAYA Accept

February 8, 2008

11:06:37 PATTAYA Items Into Container

February 8, 2008

13:55:19 PATTAYA Dispatch

February 8, 2008

20:15:28 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Container Received

February 8, 2008

21:32:32 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Items Into Container

February 8, 2008

21:33:04 SI RACHA MAIL CENTER Dispatch

February 9, 2008

10:01:44 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received

February 12, 2008

03:47:00 United States of America (USORDA) Accept

As Corgi rightly points out....the MBK version is the best version...I'd like to clarify that the photo that Rolecs has posted is NOT the Asian version......that's my photo of the MBK ETA Swiss Patek Nautilus.....!

This Patek seems an excellent value for money for those who can't or don't want to pay for the expensive MBK (>450 USD) or chinese copy of it (>300USD).

Asian movements are usually reliable, they represent a big part of my collection and have never shown to be more problematic than the swiss ones, honestly. I have only one year and 3 monthes overview however. The Miyota 8215 is even excellent IMO, but I have no idea what's in this one.

I'd be interested on how's the bracelet. A keypoint on cheaper reps.

I have seen similar ones on cqout, but with the advantage of TTK's one that they seem to have a better crown, or better said "crownguard", sorry if I'm not clear enough. The movement on TTK's version also seems nicer, I mean from the aesthetics point of view (golden colour).

The display caseback is also a nice option.

The rotor seems engraved ? (no stickers ?)

Personally I would go for it if I was sure the bracelet is not rubbish.

:)

But before, make sure you're ready for the rep business... ;)

As Corgi rightly points out....the MBK version is the best version...I'd like to clarify that the photo that Rolecs has posted is NOT the Asian version......that's my photo of the MBK ETA Swiss Patek Nautilus.....!

The blue dial on the Asian is not the same "burnt" blue, is it ? That would be perfection for the price.

The blue dial on the Asian is not the same "burnt" blue, is it ? That would be perfection for the price.

I also thought that the difference between the MBK and the Asian was only the mouvement but apparently not...

TTK, if you can maybe give use photo from the asian version it'll be great.

(pliz contact me via skype also... thx)

The MBK version is the best please buy it you will not regret. I bought 2 from another dealer a while back and just last week I was in Bangkok and bought a AP EOD 13000 Thai Bhat = 410 $, A new Patek Nautilius for 10,000 THB and got one my AP Safari fixed for free from MBK shop :). Saw a Nautilus with Dark Green dial and diamond index and a blue dial with diamon index but think these were fantasy.

Mendota, WTF man? After reading TTKs response, you don't look good! You can't misrepresent yourself that way?! When you say or claim "arrive frozen"...that means DOA!!!!! and not dead after so many days or weeks or god forbid, after a month or so! And claiming a totally Diff. brand??? Ah yayay.......That's crazy...please don't add anymore sh&*t like this to this forum! We got enough already! If you wanna display dirty laundry, please make sure it's dirty!!!

I usually don't like to chime in on disputes like this, but after reading TTK's account of the Skype chats, maybe Mendota didn't know that these are automatic movements and require some winding before they start running again? Maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but if he truly didn't know about automatic watches, it would have appeared to him as "frozen" when he opened the box for the first one, and later found it to be running again after tossing it around in frustration? And when the watch stopped again because he didnt' wear it for a couple days, he again got frustrated and snapped the crown off its stem while yanking at it?

This would also explain why he thought the second watch was "frozen" upon arrival...

-NT

I agree, when I first met my wife, I gave her on of my Rolex rep, she kept telling me it was bogus, could'nt keep time and frozed from time to time.

It took about a month for me to realize she has no idea what an automatic watch was and how to handle those babies.

Of course, that was 7 years ago...