When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Mini-Project ... Gone Wrong

Watchwatcher

Argh watchwatcher, really sorry to hear the bad news. :black_eye:

Especially exactly in a moment when I am wearing my minifiddy on my wrist while I am typing this.

Maybe a 212 crystal would fit?

(Edit: measured the glass crystal of my 212. It is 37mm diameter).

Else, inexpensive acrylic crystals are available on cousinsuk.

sssurfer, thanks for the suggestion of the acrylics at cousins, will check those out. acrylics are actually very practical as scratches can be very easily buffed out. my genuine rolex datejust had an acrylic and every 4 or 5 years i'd take it to the jeweler and it would come back looking brand new.

sssurfer, thanks for the suggestion of the acrylics at cousins

That was the least I could do, after having been a so poor prophet... :(

will check those out. acrylics are actually very practical as scratches can be very easily buffed out. my genuine rolex datejust had an acrylic and every 4 or 5 years i'd take it to the jeweler and it would come back looking brand new.

I absolutely agree.

They are also so inexpensive that you may even buy a whole bunch of them to keep you supplied for aeons.

I tried a few of them already, and I found that the model with the most similar shape to our fiddy and minifiddy crystals are their Sternkreuz high dome (HWS) crystals.

Also, be informed that you may renew your acrylic crystals by yourself with the easy-to-find (and inexpensive as well) PoliWatch product.

If you measure the diameter of your crystal (oops, of the bezel where it used to sit, I mean :blush:) in order to get a replacement, please let us know. I wrote it down when I disassembled my minifiddy, but I seem now unable to find the paper where I wrote it. :(

Peep,

that is one incredible looking pam... very nice. and big thanks for the correct measurement, i had measured approx. 37mm. Could you do me a huge favor and post a side profile closeup of your pam with the low-dome plexi. i know sternkreuz also offers a high-dome and in my quest for maximum bulbosity (sp?) i'd like to see how they look.

rgds/watchwatcher

If you go the CousinsUK acrylic route, I used a 37.2mm Sternkruez low dome crystal and vaccum said it fit the mini-Fiddy case better than any crystal he'd tried before.

Actually, your low dome looks better than the high dome I tried, IMHO.

I also tried a low dome, but it did not look that way... I wonder why... :g:

In any case, congrats! That's a great timepiece! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 1 year later...

i know this is an old thread..... but acrylic seems to be the way, if you dont want to worry about the crystal exploding...

what about for a 127? what type of acrylic crystal should i get? I am really confused @ the cousins website.....they have a lot of choices.

peepshow already said his minifiddy will fit a 37.2mm Sternkruez low dome crystal , but what about the 127 ?

anyone?

40mm

And, personally, I would go for the high dome Sternkreuz HWS. Last item on this page (code HWS400,