When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchsmith says my Rolex bracelet is Fake

mezzanine

PAMman, you are sure right about the challenge involved in identifying these parts. It is quite an adventure and a challenge to be 100% about any of these vintage parts, IMO. Even with the parts I'm sure about, it's always 95% sure, just because you realize the difficulty level and need to build a margin of error into your judgment. It's all about degrees of certainty. It's strange if I'm involved in a sale situation, because the person will ask me "are you sure it's gen", and all I can do is lay out the reasoning.

The feedback causes me to believe it's gen, which confirms my own belief. I probably wouldn't have even questioned it for a second if the watchsmith hadn't pointed it out. The person who sold it to me offered to take it down to their local Rolex dealer and have them verify it before the sale, but I figured that was enough for me, and I knew they believed it was gen...but then again...as I said above, ya never know for sure. That's why I'm glad that you guys are experts!

Stilty, the SEL bracelet I was telling you about is here, just at the post office. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning and I'm going to be curious to take a look at it. I'll start a new thread for that one maybe, but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or if I'll try to trade it for something more compatible with a sub or SD.

Stilty, the SEL bracelet I was telling you about is here, just at the post office. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow morning and I'm going to be curious to take a look at it. I'll start a new thread for that one maybe, but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or if I'll try to trade it for something more compatible with a sub or SD.

Hey Mezz,

sent you a PM. I'll be in tomorrow afternoon and if time and scheduling permits, I'd be happy to look at both bracelets for you. I'm sure they are gen., but I can give you my best opinion.