When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New watch - Omega Speedmaster X-33

Had a lucky find in my local jewellers a year ago, a cheap second hand Omega Speedmaster X-33, was being sold with no box or instructions which put me off a little due to the complex nature of the watches many functions.

I was told that the watch was owned by a Flight Commander in the Air Force who said he was going to return the watch box and paperwork at a later date. I bought the watch and didnt hold my breath on ever seeing the box (which is really nice as made with spaceflight material) but sure enough it was sent through and receipts for the servicing of the watch.

Was really pleased and paid an extra 148 pounds on having the watch fully serviced. Where as before it was a little scuffed and scratched I picked it up yesterday and here she is:

snb10154or7.th.jpg

snb10157wy9.th.jpg

snb10150cc4.th.jpg

I paid 600 pounds for it, the owner before judging by the previous receipts had sunk quite a alot into it in terms of having a new clasp to the bracelet and having "corrective attention" to the case, case back and bracelet. Its nice to get the full service history of the watch aswell as the awesome box. As much as I like it, Im unsure as to whether to keep it or to sell to fund a genuine Panerai or Rolex Submariner. I didnt know it was no longer available to the cilivian market, maybe I should hold onto it for a little longer so thanks for that.

I paid 600 pounds for it, the owner before judging by the previous receipts had sunk quite a alot into it in terms of having a new clasp to the bracelet and having "corrective attention" to the case, case back and bracelet. Its nice to get the full service history of the watch aswell as the awesome box. As much as I like it, Im unsure as to whether to keep it or to sell to fund a genuine Panerai or Rolex Submariner. I didnt know it was no longer available to the cilivian market, maybe I should hold onto it for a little longer so thanks for that.

If I recall, it was summer 2006 that Omega pulled it from civilian sales. How've you been finding the alarm? Loud enough for you? ;):good:

Well, if you ever decide to part with it, I'll take it off your hands in a heartbeat.

Excellent purchase and tremendous watch.