When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is the working moonphase VC Malte a Fantasy watch?

crystalcranium

• 1 month later...

I hate to bump threads but I want to contribute here since my name was mentioned. I have been going crazy about this watch - there are times of the day when I really badly want it but other times I think the inaccuracies are just too much. It is a beautiful replica, a masterpiece, and a somewhat faithful, let's call it, "interpretation" of this gen minute repeater from Vacheron Constantin:

30040/000R-9090

VCPERPCALMR01.jpg

VCPERPCALMR02.jpg

VCPERPCALMR03.jpg

VCPERPCALMR04.jpg

VCPERPCALMR05.jpg

Currently it is being offered for $395,000.

I still dunno if I want this watch. It really looks gorgeous but it's such a fantasy rep that anybody who is familiar with Vacheron Constantin will recognize it is a fake. I really do love that movement and I think it would be good for my first lemania. In terms of sun/moon date it is the nicest I think, especially when compared to the super fantasy reps of similar design from Breguet, AP, and especially Patek Philippe. It's a hard decision. There was a time when I wanted to get this as a gift for my dad but it was not available, and as I wait for it to become available, I start liking it for myself... its a real nuisance of a decision let me tell you that.