When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little help for this poor Ebayer

LifterCatcher

This really stinks I am very glad that I have learned about Reps so that I do not make the mistake of buying what I think is a gen and its a rep. Can you guys please look at this watch for me and tell me what you think. I could use a good ROLEX expert to help point out the flaws and why it's a Rep.

Ebay auction number: 200198621452

I have contacted the buyer and advised them that the watch is a rep Ebay did not shut down the auction in time. If you guys can offer any clues that I can giver her to help her identify this as a fake it would really help.

Read the persons auction he says he misplaced the box and papers!!! Who does this on a 5k watch

Chris

It actually looks pretty good to me...I generally look at the edges of the case and bracelet links. The reps usually have sharper edges than the gens.

The rehaut looks good...The CGs look properly shaped...I'm going to say that it's a gen, but I could be wrong.

Let's wait and see what the Rollie-o-philes say about this one...Stay tuned!

Well if that is a rep I want one of those. Misplaced - box? Happened to me too, you find it 2 years later somewhere.

But personally I would not buy a gen Rolex without a shot of the movement. My teacher, a cert. Rollie watch master told me he had several in his carrer he would have sworn were real. Opened them up and went 'Oh - s***!'

But that's just me...

I have contacted the buyer and advised them that the watch is a rep Ebay did not shut down the auction in time. If you guys can offer any clues that I can giver her to help her identify this as a fake it would really help.

Your intentions where good but I think you missed the mark. Have the seller take shots of the movment and serial numbers.