When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ajoesmith bought Seiko Samurai in Japan for me - already got it!

surpur

Just got my brand new Seiko Samurai from Japan - thanks to Ajoesmith!

Since he went there for a trip he had offered to buy Japanese watches for forum members and I was very pleased with this purchase. Email comunication was very fast and he mailed the watch by EMS right away, I had it here (US) only 4 days later. Thats how fast it Can go...

I am very happy with the looks and feel of the watch, even though it is bigger then I had thought. Even after I took 3 links out, the bracelet is still loose and with all the links it would have fit Gozilla - or Arnold.

Also the weight is considerable with 190 gramms of solid Japanese steel, indeed almost enough to make a small Samurai sword. With its clean and sharp lines it deserves that name and having it on my wrist feels very nice, not too big or heavy at all - it has a very comfortable fit. The movement is accurate as one would expect from a new Seiko, but like all of the Seiko automatics it lacks the ability of being hand wound, you have to shake it to get it going. That is fine if you wear a watch all the time or you have a watch winder, but if you switch watches a lot and have no winder then it is a minus.

The Seiko Lumibrite in real looks even brighter then in my picture and only on a gen Omega have I seen similar lumes.

Thank you very much Ajoesmith!!

Well enough blah blah - here are the pics:

109053477_o.jpg

109053489_o.jpg

109053499_o.jpg

109053505_o.jpg

109053516_o.jpg

109053526_o.jpg

109053538_o.jpg

109053547_o.jpg

109053559_o.jpg

Very cool watch, how much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Including EMS and paypal fees - $300