When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM112 stopped working!

keithc

just got my new 112, opened the box wound the watch and must have wound it too far...felt a pop....now watch will not run at all....any hints on what might have happened....I am so upset!

Can't really wind it too far,,,unless you broke the stem, which is possible. Does the stem seem to move freely now? If you unscrew the two screws holding the crown guard can you pull it out? There are times when you get a defective stem and it breaks when winding. Just need a new stem and need to cut it to the right length which can be easy or difficult depending on how much you've worked on watches or know the right person that can fix it for you.

just got my new 112, opened the box wound the watch and must have wound it too far...felt a pop....now watch will not run at all....any hints on what might have happened....I am so upset!

Keithc, darling, it's going to be okay. :)

Very same thing happened to me, two months after I got my own DSN 112. It runs perfectly today, after I took it to my watchsmith. It's a relatively easy fix. I know you're upset and all, I was too!

But check out a few very similar threads by hitting Search. Here is one by my now good friend, Inmotion:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=363887

An extract:

casebackpam112redqn7.jpg

"When I opened the caseback and moved the swan neck side, it sprung to life momentarily (I followed other people's advice in that thread, but it didn't work). Ultimately, I took it to my local watchsmith and in less than 30 minutes, he was able to fix it.

I paid U$50 but that included some other watches too. (I wouldn't hesitate to tell Davidsen about your situation, BTW)"

The standing offer to PM me in case of ANY NEED, including just to chat to someone who had your problem, stands. Good luck! :)