When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does this look like the right stem for 2836?

llsteve80

I'm messing with everything today, finally got a chance to sit down. Took a first look at my new 2836, and wanted to try it out. I popped in a stem, and in the furthers most position out changes the time, middle pos date, and all the way in.....date again. And it is not hacking when pulled out either. I'm assuming its the keyless works, but perhaps I got my stems mixed up. This is a brand new, uncut stem, and I'm sure all I had anyway were 2824 and 2836.

stem2.jpg

stem1.jpg

LLsteve,

I'm sitting here now, looking at a 2836-2 stem. haven't checked the ETA site, but I assume they are the same. The one you have looks marginally shorter in the distance from the tip, to the first"collar", however without a measurement, it could be foreshortening in the photo.

Do you have you some callipers? If so measure the tip to collar distance (suppose you could look it up on the ETA site) and give me a yell.

Alternatively I can shoot one in the mail...PM me.

Offshore

PS Actually, the more I look at it...if you take a ratio of the 1st section from tip, compared to the 2nd flat section, there is a difference.

LLsteve,

I'm sitting here now, looking at a 2836-2 stem. haven't checked the ETA site, but I assume they are the same. The one you have looks marginally shorter in the distance from the tip, to the first"collar", however without a measurement, it could be foreshortening in the photo.

Do you have you some callipers? If so measure the tip to collar distance (suppose you could look it up on the ETA site) and give me a yell.

Alternatively I can shoot one in the mail...PM me.

Offshore

PS Actually, the more I look at it...if you take a ratio of the 1st section from tip, compared to the 2nd flat section, there is a difference.

Only brake calipers around here....

It works, I reset that hooked spring and everything went great. Except it still didn't hack. So I took all of the keyless works apart, and the castle wheel wasn't on the stop lever so I fixed that too. Then I got clumsy and lost the set lever. :angry:

So now I have to order one. Found it already on jules borel, I suppose I'll get some other stuff I need while I'm shopping there, like extra stems and dial dots. Thankfully time is not an issue as my datewheel overlay hasn't even been sent out yet.

Productive day, otherwise.

Thanks for the help and offer

Glad you are fixed.

I actually just got back from spending some time at ETA doing my "research"

This doc

https://secure.eta.ch/CSP/DesktopDefault.as...=3&tabid=28

Use the technical info, shows the stem (but not all measurements) and shows the crossreference, (which I confirmed from another cross ref chart.)

BTW before you go buying stems, I have an assortment of ETA (18 different models - 3 pieces of each total 54 stems, which we sell for $25) if that may help.

Now I'm not in to doing adverts or promo on the forum, so let's just say i do a little business in watch assortments and parts as a sideline. PM if you need anything.

Offshore

Glad you are fixed.

I actually just got back from spending some time at ETA doing my "research"

This doc

https://secure.eta.ch/CSP/DesktopDefault.as...=3&tabid=28

Use the technical info, shows the stem (but not all measurements) and shows the crossreference, (which I confirmed from another cross ref chart.)

BTW before you go buying stems, I have an assortment of ETA (18 different models - 3 pieces of each total 54 stems, which we sell for $25) if that may help.

Now I'm not in to doing adverts or promo on the forum, so let's just say i do a little business in watch assortments and parts as a sideline. PM if you need anything.

Offshore

Awesome, I was looking for that chart, thanks! Now I know for sure I'm ordering the right part for the keyless works. I saved that PDF to my hard drive. As for stems, I'm only going to get a few. I can't find that thread with the big list of parts, where did it go?