When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel change on Noobmariner

im2

Hello again !

i would like to ask if anyone has removed and changed the bezel on a noobmariner.... Is it possible to change/modify any of the bezel parts? e.g. placing an bezel ring with a better pearl . ..

(if yes.... whats the easiest way to do it? I ve seen a pictorial on easy bezel removing..using just a screwdriver and some tape...)

There's two parts to the bezel assembly- the bezel itself, which is the metal part and the insert which is the black part. Removing the metal bezel on a noobmariner is tough- it doesn't just pop off like the typical CN sub. You have to slowly work your way around lifting up with a case knife or razor being careful not to scratch the case- masking tape helps. BKLM1234 did a tutorial on this- use the search feature.

Removing the insert is a little easier. I dropped my watch on the pavement and it popped right out! But actually, you can try slipping a razor between the sapphire crystal and lifting it from the inside- careful. Or you can pop the pearl and lift it from the pearl hole. Don't know about an exacto knife between the metal bezel and the insert itself- might damage the insert. Inserts are glued in. If you do happen to remove the bezel, you can just pop off the insert with your thumbs from the backside. It's not the easiest of tasks and you have to be careful not to damage the parts or you're SOL.

I replaced the bezel insert on my trusty sub. Got an insert that had a better pearl and font. Took an exacto knife, slipped it between the insert and the bezel, gave it a little outward nudge and the insert came right out. Then I used a little bead of watch crystal cement (available from micromark.com) around the outside edge of the insert and pressed it into place (making sure it was aligned). I let it sit overnight and it has had absolutely no issues. Besides the drying time, the total swap took less than 5 minutes.

The bezel still spins, clicks 120 times and the watch looks 100% better.

-Fred

Like Alligoat said... you can change the insert without too much trouble but don't try to remove the bezel, unless you are very experienced.

Depending on your source, an aftermarket insert in most cases will snap-fit without the need for grinding. I have two noobs and changed the inserts on both several times without problems. Secure the insert with appropriate glue... I use G-S Hypo Cement, which you can buy on the Bay (look at this item 350028174786). It has a very fine applicator, which helps. My inserts came from this seller on the bay (look at item 310025422875).

Have fun...