When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I have not seen this before... Tutima and Hanhart replicas!

chrgod

I just found these on eBay. Seems like some Russians are making replicas of the Tutima flieger chronograph. Using the trusty old Poljot 3133, hand wind chronograph movement. :)

Logo and everything is a bit "off", but the overall look is quite good, I think. Seems like they have rotatable bezel also.

b8ca688fe04425e0348ee6ad14e542cb.jpg

Tornado.. A great European fighter-bombers..

29cd5643e1d005bc50fbc77ead79277a.jpg

Or.. do you want to be a graduate Nato Fighter pilot?

dc06_1.jpg

Strange caseback stamps.. Dont know how there are on the gen.

dc1e20fc14b305b40e404833b8d217de.jpg

Generic Poljot crown, at least on this one.

Interesting to see Tutimas repped. Maybe an ok buy at about 236USD

Tutima replica on eBay

By the way.. Here is my genuine Poljot Sthurmanskie. The original Soviet Pilot chronograph. It uses the same movement as the watches above. Great watch! :)

DSC_3749.jpg

Interesting, i used to follow the russian watch sceen years ago and i saw some blatant copys but always badged with poljot or buran ect, never actualy saw a rep rep, i had a limited Harley plojot chrono for a while, pretty sure that harley never endorsed it.

I searched some more, and it appears that the same watchmaker has made replicas of the Hanhart version of the relaunched Hanhart 1939 Luftwaffe Fliegerchrono.

Both Tutima and Hanhart made chronographs for Luftwaffe during WW2. Their recent reissues are true to the size of the originals and uses a modified ETA 7750/7760, auto-winding gears removed. The watches are very similar, due to the specifications were set by the German goverment at the time. Here is a comparison picture.

Hanhart-Tutima1.jpg

Comparison picture of the genuines from Timezone, Hanhart 1939 and Tutima 1941.

The Hanhart is a little bit bigger, 40mm vs 38.7. Lug style is also a bit different, and the Hanhart has asymmetric pushers and sunken subdials.

Several Swiss and German makers delivered chronographs to the Luftwaffe. However, one might consider Hanhart and Tutima closer to being "Nazi watches" in that Tutima and Hanhart, beeing German companys, obviously did not sell watches to Allies as well. IWC, Omega, et al did, and very happily.

Too bad the Russians could not resist the temptation to include the calendar on the replicas... Well, it makes it better suited for everyday use and fits in nicely@ 6 o'clock.

IMG_2459.jpg

Cool vintage snail-style tachymetre scale on this one, as well as telemetre scale..

9819.jpg

Or plain dial style

2771.jpg

Caseback engravings look better than on the Tutima version.

IMG_2516.jpg

Classic case profile on the rep. Correct oversized crown.

The Russians have been insipred by western makers in their watch design. The classic Navitimer has inspired a range of the Poljot chronos. Interestingly, they have also made a version with "Poljot" in the same script as the Hanhart "Flieger", this version is marked with the correct 23 Jewels ( the Poljot calibre 3133 is a 23 jewels movement).

Poljothanhart.jpg

The "Poljot" version before they decided to make an all-out rep? :lol:

Hanhart_Pilot.JPG

The genuine. It exists with both brushed and polished case.

hanhart.jpg

Genuine snail-tachy dial. Red reset pusher looks business! Note that on this version, the numbers are cut off by the subdials, as on the replicas.

I have had my eyes on the Hanhart 1939 for some time, and think I will take the chance on this Russian replica.. At about 240 USD shipped, it is worth a try.

Some pictures of the WW2 Hanhart, just to sum it up and give some eyecandy for the weekend! :)

hanhartfliegerzj2.jpg