When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Next generation Bentleys with double AR?

Dizzy

Does anyone know if any of the Bentley line is going to be improved to a quality the same as the Ultimate BCE with double AR? I want to build a NICE Bentley motors T or 6.75 with double AR and ETA movement...

@Angus - Do you know of anything coming soon? I want to get a Bentley 6.75 and send it out for servicing and double AR...

cheers

dizz

Im just sorta wondering if the rest of the watch is up for an improvement anytime soon. Better dial or case or anything. Maybe a proper sec@3 version of the Motors T chrono... The Bentley motors T is my favorite Breitling by far but the backwards (3&9) subdials is keeping me from building a custom one. Im in no big rush to get this started but i would have to get into it then find out theres a new model coming out or something.. just like the new improved SOSF that just came out from the 'noob factory'. Maybe the noob factory has some other exciting watches coming out soon? :)

dizz

Purely an educated guess, I would suggest that they won't be releasing improved versions of this watch. I think the market for the Bentley is relatively small when compared to other watches that they could be working on. I think they may have made these watches from pictures, rather than from the real article. Seeing though the current Bentleys are almost spot on, I think they will invest their time and money on other watches. That's my feelings on the matter.

The current Bentley's are very good. With a double AR coating, you will have a very accurate replica, of a very nice watch.

Purely an educated guess, I would suggest that they won't be releasing improved versions of this watch. I think the market for the Bentley is relatively small when compared to other watches that they could be working on. I think they may have made these watches from pictures, rather than from the real article. Seeing though the current Bentleys are almost spot on, I think they will invest their time and money on other watches. That's my feelings on the matter.

The current Bentley's are very good. With a double AR coating, you will have a very accurate replica, of a very nice watch.

For lack of a better term, this response is "spot on". There is not a part of the watch that screams "nmeeds improvement!", but possibly only the slide-rule bezel system.

• 3 weeks later...
It is probably best to buy what is available and get an AR coated by Chieftang or K2222, the quality is better than that of factory AR

That's fine if you're living in the US of A or EU.

Poor me is in Singapore(uh?? Singapore??? Where is that????) :D:D

Quality of the factory AR is better than NO AR at all.

Regards,

dooley

They won't bother with the AR issue,rep double AR is not that great as i recently found out buying a gen SA,have Chief of the polish dude redo it....

My 6.75 from Josh had single side AR on a white dial,and actually,that worked well,most angles the crystal was unnoticed and didn't have that blue glare the double AR does.....

Light maroon date font as well,stay away from the red.....

The white dial 6.75 from Josh is highly recommended for the Bentley lover....imo.....

They won't bother with the AR issue,rep double AR is not that great as i recently found out buying a gen SA,have Chief of the polish dude redo it....

My 6.75 from Josh had single side AR on a white dial,and actually,that worked well,most angles the crystal was unnoticed and didn't have that blue glare the double AR does.....

Light maroon date font as well,stay away from the red.....

The white dial 6.75 from Josh is highly recommended for the Bentley lover....imo.....

The slide rule ring is the glaring fault that keeps me away from it. (aside from the sec placement)...

The 6.75 model does NOT have the seconds placement issue.

The slide rule on the gen utilises a turning pinion system (that's why there is a "button" @ 9 o'clock) that turning the bezel causes the inner bezel to turn as well.

In the rep, the inner bezel is attached to the outer bezel, so a turn of the bezel would turn both the crystal (crystal is attached to the case on the gen) and the inner bezel.

There may also be the issues with the color of the inner bezel ring and the spacing of the tick marks.

@ oscar steven: no, the aftermarket bezel won't fit.