When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My collection since 2/3 months

Sturb

Hi All,

I received my 1st 2 decent reps from silix in December and just received 3 more today. I also have a terrible Sub that I picked up in Ibiza a few years ago but that shall be replaced soon enough. I am adding another 2 or 3 to my collection then I shall force myself to stop before it gets out of hand :lol:

SNV30844.jpg

The SMP chrono is a beautiful timepiece.

You have excellent taste, but all so sporty? How come?

For your next watch may I suggest something dressy? Perhaps a Patek Philippe?

The SMP was my 1st and is still my favourite. I love the PO but was dissapointed Silix sent it with the SS Bracelet and not the Rubber strap. I have emailed J and I am sure he will sort it. I dont know why I seem to pic the sporty watches all the time, just my personal tastes I guess. I really like the Patek in your collection although I am not sure it is me. I have plenty of time yet though :) Also that pan of yours is one of the nicest I have ever seen since coming here.

So what is your next Pam???? ;)

Dunno yet, I am more for the Omegas than the Pams but they might grow on me. The one I just got is only 40mm to see how I like it. I think next I will get a brown leather strap for this one and see how it goes. My next purchase I think is going to be this

172942-9133.jpg

Dunno yet, I am more for the Omegas than the Pams but they might grow on me. The one I just got is only 40mm to see how I like it. I think next I will get a brown leather strap for this one and see how it goes. My next purchase I think is going to be this

172942-9133.jpg

I am also looking to buy the Omega GMT for my first outing in the rep market.

Have a few questions though after having done a little research, maybe the wise ones in the forum can help with:

1. What's the difference between the asian 21j and ETA watches? besides the movement reliability does the ETA come with better features. For instance, Andrew's site says that the Asian 21j watch comes with a synthetic sapphire while the ETA comes with Sapphire. Is there a difference in the look and feel in the two versions? I notice the case dimensions on the two watches are dissimilar and remember reading somewhere that the strap on the Asian version is inferior to the ETA...

2. Where can one get a rubber strap for the same watch? The one's advertised on Andrew's site are for the 45mm PO it seems...

Thanks for the help in advance!