When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oris

tallkenny

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see Jay being a leader in the market. Long term members here will know I've always been a proponent for decent Oris reps.

Out of the three Jay currently has, the standard TT3 chrono is probably the most accurate as the case material is correct (the other two even say 'titanium' on the back :(). The dial is a bit of a disaster though, with the smaller digits still way too large and the fake carbon-fibre weave.

I JUST RECEIVED IT from Sillix !!! It's a new updated model with Serial numbers at the side of the case. Its very nice with excellent Double AR coating.

Its not Ti case it has very nice finish & quality but it sa little heavy (like my PAM 187 Chronozilla)

I would recomend to anyone. I will post photos when i go home at night.

here are my photos together with my 2 other Genuine ORIS (Meistertaucher & F1 Williams chrono)

oriscarloscoste10qh4.th.jpg

oriscarloscoste9sq0.th.jpg

oriscarloscoste8uy3.th.jpg

oriscarloscoste7vo0.th.jpg

oriscarloscoste6ib8.th.jpg

oriscarloscoste2mg7.th.jpg

oriscarloscoste3jk0.th.jpg

oriscarloscoste4ya1.th.jpg

oriscarloscoste5pb8.th.jpg

orisccostestbqw4.th.jpg

Edited by tigerdaytona

I JUST RECEIVED IT from Sillix !!! It's a new updated model with Serial numbers at the side of the case. Its very nice with excellent Double AR coating.

Its not Ti case it has very nice finish & quality but it sa little heavy (like my PAM 187 Chronozilla)

I would recomend to anyone. I will post photos when i go home at night

I just got mine too! :Jumpy: And yes, this monster IS really hefty...

You figured out how to adjust the strap yet? :huh: It seems more of a pain than the Porsche Design Flat 6, which I've also gotten from Jay...

The serial numbers according to Jay are all unique, what's yours? I can't remember mine, and I do not have it now, still at work...

I just ordered mine from Silix too!!! I want some pics of the Coste pleeeease!!

Here you go... But please excuse their quality, cos I took these while at work (at a construction site) using my crap pda cam & uploaded them in office... :p

pic080329124729fx3.jpg

Shot at 2008-03-28

pic080329124710tw8.jpg

Shot at 2008-03-28

Please also excuse the reflections from the scorching direct sunlight, I did that to try and show the double ar on this monster...

Today is the first day I'm wearing it, but it's making my left arm ache already, the bloody thing's really hefty! :lol:

Day/date wheels are perfect imho... a big plus! :1a:

One thing though, Jay told me that this houses the older 21.6k A7750 (haven't cracked the caseback to check yet),but so far (touch wood!) it's running pretty accurately... :thumbsupsmileyanim: which can be swapped with an eta if one so desires...

By the way, the lume is almost non-existent, but doesn't bother me..

Will post more pics of this very well made piece when i have the time. Overall, I'm very happy with it... & my Flat 6. I hope that Jay will introduce the SS (or Ti) bracelet for this in time to come... Oh I forgot to take a pic of my serial number, it's "0276/2000".

Please post the weight of the Rep your guys got. My guess is it is at least 200 grams and most likely 250 grams. I plan on getting this watch when the bracelet version comes out. I will also be reading the reviews to see if there are any quality control issues. I am not a nit picker if the Crown is not exact as the gen etc. What [censored] me off is when my watch dies soon after I get it or the indexes fall off or the hands fall off.

Please post the weight of the Rep your guys got. My guess is it is at least 200 grams and most likely 250 grams. I plan on getting this watch when the bracelet version comes out. I will also be reading the reviews to see if there are any quality control issues. I am not a nit picker if the Crown is not exact as the gen etc. What [censored] me off is when my watch dies soon after I get it or the indexes fall off or the hands fall off.

Don't have a weight scale, though i reckon it's in the +-250 gram-range...

There is no confirmation as yet that the bracelet version will be released though..

QC issues will always be part & parcel of this hobby, mate... It sometimes depends on your luck. For example, even though your dealer has QC-checked it for you, but it may get thrashed around during shipment...so... ;)

Guest avitt
But it is for the right arm... :(

Usil

It's a dive watch. Dive watches often have crowns that are offset, or on the opposite side, so that they don't impede wrist movement when wearing a thick wet suit...

...or were you just messing with us?

Actually, I was serious. I was just surprised no one else thought that this was odd since most watches are for the left hand. I could not think of a reason for this. But - definitely - the watch is a very nice and Silix comes out first again.

Usil

If the watch on Rubber strap weighs 250 grams then the bracelet will add at least 100 to 150 grams. That means at least 300 grams for entire watch on bracelet in stainless steel. I bet it will be 350 grams. I have a Invicta Scuba which is a copy of the TTI. The bracelet is huge and adds significant weight to the watch but it EVENLY BALENCES out the weight so the watch feels comfortable. It is also interesting the watch has the older asian 7750 low beat 21,000 movement. I thought most places sell the high beat 28800 movement.

If the watch on Rubber strap weighs 250 grams then the bracelet will add at least 100 to 150 grams. That means at least 300 grams for entire watch on bracelet in stainless steel. I bet it will be 350 grams. I have a Invicta Scuba which is a copy of the TTI. The bracelet is huge and adds significant weight to the watch but it EVENLY BALENCES out the weight so the watch feels comfortable. It is also interesting the watch has the older asian 7750 low beat 21,000 movement. I thought most places sell the high beat 28800 movement.

Most of the Oris reps out there currently have the older A7750 in them.