When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How accurate is Silix PAM111

Sprintz25

Hey Guys,

I'm new to Panerai's (have Omega's and a B&M) and am having difficulty distinguishing between the models. Am contemplating buying this watch and was wondering if you PAM experts could fill me in on how accurate (or inaccurate) this watch is. Also what is the difference between Luminor, Radiomir etc

Link is http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1189

I've been reading alot on this board since i joined but havent heard much about the Unitas movement, do you guys think it is as reliable as ETA?

Thanks for everything.

post-10841-1204800813_thumb.jpg

post-10841-1204800830_thumb.jpg

post-10841-1204800846_thumb.jpg

Pretty bad copy:

No sandwich dial

Incorrect movement (incorrect shaped bridge, Officine Panerai engraving and no swan neck regulator)

Polished versus brushed crown guard

short canon pinion

It's an "F" series rep, so it shouldn't have a sandwich dial or a brushed CG. Your other points are valid, however.

Thanks guys,

Whats the canon pin and also what are the series you are talking about, dont tell me apart from the different model numbers there's more to know :-)

the canon pinion is the shaft that the watch hands attach to - in the gen Panerais, the pinion is a little longer and protrudes just a bit past the hands - in the unmodded reps it is a bit recessed

The series represent different years within the series hence 111h is a year newer watch than the 111g. Over the years movements and some other changes (sandwich dial, etc) change a bit

Put a solid SS B series caseback on it and you will have one of the nicest, most accurate reps with a genuine, unaltered Swiss movement. Sure the 'A' is slightly off and the crown is marginally too thin and the cannon pinion slightly recessed but these 'faults' are common to all unmodded reps. This watch with a solid B series caseback (or its 112 equivalent) is my choice all day long.