When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

red gear is painted on movement?

db1

just interested me

ain't worth the extra $10, although its a nice addition but since i asume that its a painted gear that can cause movement problems when it will wear off- i'll rather go without it, unless its a "real" colored metal (like they make these key chains that never wears off)

i want to get either a sub or a gmt master with ETA, not sure about the GMT, is the movement in these reps is reliable ?

does it comes with a real ETA, or a "ETA Copy" like the thread about the fast-beat DG movement being advertised as asian eta? (which is nothing more then a $24 fast-beat movement, which has nothing to do with ETA, nor eta copy)

what is the best gmt master or sub version currently available? i am not a rolex expert and the only rolex i currently has is the faux daytona with secs @ 6 and a 21j asian black bezel sub.

is there a gmt master, or sub rep version with gen. ETA ? or should i have to get an asian copy and transplant an ETA into it ?

thanks

Guest carlsbadrolex

I would think it is an anodized gear wheel. I cant imagine that painting a gear would even be acceptable to the manufacturers.

I do think that the movement is at least a nice addition. Of course its still an eta, but at least its a nickel eta with an attempt made to make it look like a gen movement.

if the gear is anodized red then its really good, unlike the cheap "painted" or "sticker" versions :]

and yeah, not like anyone would try to pass the movement as gem but its nice to look at something that is trying to get as close, at least visualy