When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chrono won't reset from 7750 high beat, is it an easy fix?

dvn

Hi,

Just a question regarding to the reset of the chrono (pushed at 4). Just got a new HBB Black Magic Lite for a friend and the chrono reset

pushed at 4 won't reset when pressed. The second hand is running fine and the counter at 3 is working but the chrono won't reset (doen't do anything when pressed). is it an easy fix? how much would it cost?

i hate to send it back all the way to China.

Hi,

Just a question regarding to the reset of the chrono (pushed at 4). Just got a new HBB Black Magic Lite for a friend and the chrono reset

pushed at 4 won't reset when pressed. The second hand is running fine and the counter at 3 is working but the chrono won't reset (doen't do anything when pressed). is it an easy fix? how much would it cost?

i hate to send it back all the way to China.

I had a similar problem before and someone suggested running the second hand all the way to 55 or so then stop and reset! The energy is stonger, I think is the theory. You might also do this few times!

Hope it works for you!

FIRST PRESS THE BUTTON AT 2:00. Dont reset while the stopwatch is running!

and then what? i ihink i know how to use chrono funtion

I had a similar problem before and someone suggested running the second hand all the way to 55 or so then stop and reset! The energy is stonger, I think is the theory. You might also do this few times!

Hope it works for you!

@HikeUSA - thank you for you suggestion.

i tried it couple of times and it did not work. Everytime i pushed the button at 4 it restarted the chrono from where it left off.

and then what? i ihink i know how to use chrono funtion

@HikeUSA - thank you for you suggestion.

i tried it couple of times and it did not work. Everytime i pushed the button at 4 it restarted the chrono from where it left off.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that! You mite have to wait until The Zigmeister or the other experts here chimes in.....I have a bad feeling that you might have to

send it back...I have done that before on my other chronos which I have a lot! I actually stop buying them....except my future purchase of a Daytona!

Best thing to do on these REP chrono Asian 7750 is not to use the chrono......they are not reliable! I never use mine! I use a GEN if I have to use

the Chrono function.....I have a GEB Breitling and a Tag for that.......and a few Casios and Tissot as well.......hehehe!

Good luck!

oooooops, I think I miss something....You reset @2 button I believe! @4 starts and stops the chrono! Could you try that?

I doesn't necessarily need to be the movement. Sometimes the tube from the hand just slips in the hand. Or the tube slips on the canon pin. Check it before you tear the movement apart. You feel this when you slightly touch the hand cw or ccw. If it is very easy it slips. Now look with a loop what slips.

thank you all for you info.

Here is the whole picture. the chrono button at 2 works correctly (starting the chrono by pressing the button at 2 and the chrono run fine. the subdial at 3 advancing correctly and Pressing the chrono button at 2 again stopping and then press again to restart). the problem is everytime i reset the chrono by pressing the button at 4 then instead of reseting the chrono it restart the chrono from where it left off so it won't reset any of the subdials.