When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If a gen Fiddy is now around $25k...

Victoria

...can a gen PAM 127 box with papers be worth U$1,500? :brow:

I won't point out the link, since given that this is a rep forum, it might look suspect. But it's out there.

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

Oh, and the COSC certificate? Not included. That's extra, no doubt.

NotIncluded1.jpg

Welcome to the World of Panerai.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Is it worth it??? No, not really. Is someone going to buy it for that price... Quite possibly!

Would I, HELL NO! But then again, I wouldnt pay nearly $25k for the 127 either!

Why would you sell the box and papers without the watch, won't it "devalue" the Fiddy itself to be without them?

Many guesses -- they need quick money, but don't want to sell the Fiddy (they'll still get a great price, without it).

It is stolen.

It is a rep box??

Also, these boxes are different (much bigger) from the standard Panerai box, right?

I have seen the pearwood boxes many times, of course, but I found one being held. I am shocked HOW SMALL it is! This is for the 232.

232boxkz7.jpg

Apparently, Panerai are edging away from the beautiful pearwood boxes to this "oak" colour on the left -- seen on a display stand (via a French AD).

boxpaneraihk0.jpg

:thumbdown:

the seller does not have the watch. a lot of people buy watches and throw boxes and docs away :o cuz they dont care even if it is a 7K watch (like fiddy was once) its like buying seiko for me, why would i keep the docs and papers?????? waste of space! :lol:

Why would you sell the box and papers without the watch, won't it "devalue" the Fiddy itself to be without them?

Also, these boxes are different (much bigger) from the standard Panerai box, right?

Edited by mil_sub

Would you take it Victoria?

Nah. :)

Along the same lines, I have yet to buy a box and papers for my reps. There's NOTHING wrong with that. It's makes for a beautiful presentation and there are many reasons why it's a good idea. Storage, protection, etc.

But deep down, I feel having a box, without having a gen is smarmy.

I can't reconcile this. If I were to be asked if my DSN PAMs are genuine*, I'd lie and say yes. That's not honest. So why do I feel this way about owning the box? :huh:

*With exceptions. I was already asked by one gen forum member if my watch was real. I said no it's a rep. Also I would never lie about the reps to my nearest and dearest. I'm talking about the guy on the street.

Nah. :)

But deep down, I feel having a box, without having a gen is smarmy.

No it's actually good therapy...

I picked one up (with certs and papers a couple of years ago for a LOT less) for an even rarer PAM 082 , and every time I pop my DSN 082 in it ...it stops me from recklessly considering to blow $10000 I don't have....

If I had $10K to invest in a watch ......I'd also have a lovely box set to sell on this forum!!!

Cheers

:fish: