When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New SSD Andrew comes thru again - Giorgio opinions?

tanya

Ordered on Wed received this morning. Andrew once again answered each of my questions including whether I would be getting the new slightly enhanced SSD with slightly fatter bezel and better bracelet that Gio so nicely showed off to us last week. Well I got just that !!! Bracelet screws machined very nicely (no gluey substance on them) Bezel moves like my gens (maybe a tad bit louder but no biggie) Anyway I took a few pics for our two resident Sea Dweller experts Giorgio and Carlsbad to scrutinize. Tried to take a decent pic of the bezel but photograpy even with an $800.00 camera is not my strongsuit. I also took a pic of it next to my Gen LV Kermie for comparison. I plan on taking a crack at the CG's at some point when I get the courage but I may let my watchsmith do it with a light dose of Superluminova (lume not too bad as it stands, hands a bit weaker than the markers). Enjoy!!

post-9972-1205184726_thumb.jpg

post-9972-1205184848_thumb.jpg

post-9972-1205184931_thumb.jpg

Weel one of our two resident SD experts, Giorgio Armani, showed us a new slightly improved version of the SSD that has a taller bezel and better bracelet. This is the same one I believe fresh from the sweatshop, I mean factory!!

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, my quick comment is... it appears to be the same one I have recently received! It is the newest version and you should be quite pleased with it.

How is the datewheel alignment? That seems to be the most recent issue with the SSD.

Great watch, a few small mods and you will have a keeper for sure!

Ordered on Wed received this morning.

You really ordered it last Wed. and got it today!!! In Chicago????? Wow! That's amazing.....even Joshua can't top that! My hats off to Andreww!!!!

Good looking watch! Wear it well!

Brother Carlsbad, Datewheel looks pretty good perhaps a tiny bit too much to the right compared with my gens. I am thinking of swapping out the movement for a 3135 at some point

Guest carlsbadrolex

HMMMM, not sure about the mods necessary to throw a 3135 in there... But DAMN, that would be the watch to have. The only consideration there is cost. I just saw a 16600 available used for $3100.

HMMMM, not sure about the mods necessary to throw a 3135 in there... But DAMN, that would be the watch to have. The only consideration there is cost. I just saw a 16600 available used for $3100.

Wow $3100.00 for a Gen that's quite a steal especially with the recent near $1000.00 price increase across the board. I usually buy all my gens from an AD though, just to be sure. There's a seller on ebay watchcoaustralia who has a Rolex movement and parts blowout about once a year. A nice mix of minty 3135's , 3030's and some of the older non quick set movements. The 3035's went for around $1000.00 while the 3135's went for about $1200.00. Of course we would need hands as well but aftermarket 3135 sub hands are no biggie. If I can land a 3035 or 3135 for a good price I'll pull the trigger but for now I'm going to enjoy this amazing beast!!!!!! And of course bug you for CG mod help in the near future.

Guest carlsbadrolex

If you can get either of those movements for that price JUMP ON THEM. I have a watch dealer here in SoCal that gets some nice pre-owned stuff, all gen and for decent prices.

The Ultimate Sea Dweller should say 1:1 watch.

Not sure but I hear Jay is a great and very honest dealer. Why don't you ask him I hear he is a good communicator