When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help putting movement in case

Cpalmetto

I'm looking for some help putting a 7750 clone in a watch case. The case is tooled to fit the 7750 movement,

but I'm new at this and could use some advice on how to attach the crown, etc. Any tips you guys could give me would

be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

That is a difficult question to answer without knowing what case we are talking about. Some use a plastic spacer ring, some use a metal spacer ring, while others don't use a ring at all but are held in place by case clamps and screws. It is like asking a mechanic how to install an engine in a car. A VW engine may require one method while a BMW may require another method and material.

I would suggest that you post this in the watch repair forum. Perhaps The Zigmeister or another expert will respond.

The crown screws onto the stem & you may or may not need to cut the stem to make the crown sit close to the case when in the winding (closed) position.

Without seeing good, clear pictures of your movement sitting in place in your case, I can only tell you that you will probably need to buy some case screws & movement clamps (ofrei.com, julesborel.com, etc.) to stabilize the movement in the case. Generally, 2 sets of screw/clamp are installed in the movement's main plate 180 degrees opposite each other & the clamp wedges into slots in that run around the inner circumference of the case wall. In some cases, the movement may also require a plastic or metal spacer ring to fill the gap between the side of the movement & the case. If the case was made for a 7750, then the case vendor should be able to tell you what is needed.