When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fiddy From Narikaa...

rmcsherry

This is my first purchase since stumbling across these forums a few months back. I decided to start off with a cheaper rep until I become acquainted! This was bought from Narikaa on Friday for £65 inc. shipping - an excellent price, and it was on my wrist 17 hours after payment! Unbelievably quick delivery and a great watch. The only problems with it are a spec of dust under the crystal (I'll get a sapphire AR eventually anyway), two tiny 'tears' in the strap by the screws (the strap is coming straight off anyway), a barely-noticable residue on the face by the second hand, and slight scratches on the case back where someone has removed the back without due care. But, for £65 I won't complain - it was delivered very quickly, he kept good contact and this is by far the cheapest fiddy I've seen!

Now for the photos. I've only got an old 2MP camera, with no tripod and no facilities to have a decent set-up (this was on my desk). Thanks to Pugwash for his great tutorials, I've done the best I can without a tripod and avoided using photoshop other than to crop one or two of the images.

71497-32425.jpg

71497-32426.jpg

71497-32427.jpg

71497-32428.jpg

71497-32429.jpg

71497-32430.jpg

71497-32431.jpg

71497-32432.jpg

71497-32433.jpg

I'll work on this as parts become available - first job is a new strap (suggestions welcome, ideally UK based as I need a strap so I can wear this to my degree show on Friday!). I'll probably get a sapphire with a decent AR coating from finepics soon, then possibly sort out the hands - but this seems pointless unless I find a decent swan-neck first. All of these jobs are low-priority, I'm already deciding what's next - it's going to have to be a 44mm Radomir 8-days, Omega PO (orange), Graham Chronofighter (not sure exactly what one yet) or maybe a 111H. Thanks for looking, any comments and suggestions welcome - especially on the strap options!

Edited by rmcsherry

saw this piece listed and tought of buying it..but recived my 217 on wednesday so decided not to buy it...

it is definitely the cheapest fiddy i have ever seen...

wear it well...

for the strap...look at what bob offers...he's got some nice straps for good money!

check his website...or even better try to distress the strap yourself and then you'll have a nice strap...there is a tutorial somewhere on the forum...

Edited by dadog13

I've tried distressing it, but stupidly I overlooked one problem. It's not leather. It seems to be a leather-effect vinyl or something, I assumed it was a paint that made it look so plasticy - perhaps not. Oh well, I really need a new strap now, time to go shopping!

For the price you got a good deal even with the few small issues. We all have to expect some of these small things happening as there is not the tight quality control as originals. For the price, and after you get comfortable with reps, these are things you can work on your self. Read and learn from the experts here.

Usil

Thanks to Pugwash for his great tutorials, I've done the best I can without a tripod and avoided using photoshop other than to crop one or two of the images.

Nice pics. The brushed metal is a nice touch, as is the coloured lighting. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for your comments. I'm attempting to make a strap, I had some nice leather left over so we'll see how that goes (the stiching will be interesting to say the least!. I think I'll get a BOB strap in a couple of weeks, I've got to decide on the right colour and finish first.