When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New stuff from Tony

doc savage

I tried to look these up to see if anyone has mentioned these already, but the search feature wasn't working for me.

So I haven't browsed the offerings of our lesser-known dealers lately, and since I can't sleep I was hunting for the elusive masculine dress watch. I turned up some interesting stuff on tonyxkf's site. Just to rehash some previous discussion, Tony likes to label EVERY rep with a pricey movement (i.e. A7750) as Swiss, which is annoying. He also sets his prices high (almost double what he will take for them in many cases), so don't just buy stuff and check out--you have to negotiate the total. On a more positive note members who have dealt with him report that he treats his customers very well. I haven't personally bought from him yet, and have no interest in promoting him as a dealer. If he is selling a watch then your preferred dealer can probably find it. Another thing I noticed is that he recently added a bunch of PP Nautilus watches and they are described as MBW, I never paid much attention to MBK reps but it would be interesting if that's what they really are. Hopefully it isn't another example of tonyxkf mislabeling things.

OK, here's what prompted this post:

2007_5_16_75748_11626.jpg2007_5_16_84249_12416.jpg

VULCAIN AVIATOR GMT MANUAL WIND WORKING ALARM

Working manual wind alarm movement? I would love for someone to try this out, I'm curious what it sounds like. The gen is supposed to have a pusher where the 4:00 crown is, and I think the gen is a little smaller, but who is going to know what a Vulcain is supposed to look like? This comes in six different dial variations.

Is it an alarm or a GMT?

Narikaa sold something similar a while back.

Hi doc, thx for the update.

Have a look in my signature if you want to hear the alarm :)

It's a Seagull movement. I had one in a JLC watch. Funny, really. But you would like to hear more music out of this movement... ^_^

I don't know if these are old reps, but at least they are different from what we usually see. It's typically my field : cheap :lol:

[edit] I love the Breguet tourbi !

Hi doc, thx for the update.

Have a look in my signature if you want to hear the alarm :)

It's a Seagull movement. I had one in a JLC watch. Funny, really. But you would like to hear more music out of this movement... ^_^

I don't know if these are old reps, but at least they are different from what we usually see. It's typically my field : cheap :lol:

[edit] I love the Breguet tourbi !

That's the same movement all right. It sounds like a buzz than a ring, but I guess you get what you pay for. Now this is an alarm:

Actually this is a minute repeater. ("just" does music, as you can't set the alarm time)

I have the rep of this IWC... But of course without the minute repater feature : that' as expensive as Tourbillons.

These are all masterpieces of horology !

Another thing I noticed is that he recently added a bunch of PP Nautilus watches and they are described as MBW, I never paid much attention to MBK reps but it would be interesting if that's what they really are. Hopefully it isn't another example of tonyxkf mislabeling things.

These are the same which Andrew and Joshua brought last year as MBW : but they are chinese copies of THE copy.

Therefore the wording is abusive, although it is surely presented like this by the manufacturer, and I'm sure most dealer don't know what an MBK is. So they use the description.

Anyway, the wording MBK is not copyrighted, so everyone must be careful about what he's buying.

The "Chinese MBK" is not better than the other reps : good, but not better.