When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

B&R 02 PVD Numeral dial

PATerai

Hi,

I bought this watch from Ufanta for $80. normally i dont like these cheap watches

but i could not find these pvd models elsewhere so i thought what the heck!

So here it is after unwrapping:

2001067863993087054_rs.jpg

My first impression is not like the other watches i unwrapped before, I guess the pricing has something to do with it (As i did not expect much of it)

However this dial is looking very good! I can't see any marks on it on first glance , Unlike my 46mm B&R wich had several marks on the numerals.

2001098477706305888_rs.jpg

The only thing wrong with the dial is that the datewheel should show the numbers standing and not in an angle.

Now the crowns:

2001080282762207963_rs.jpg

They look and feel good, the upper crown works and the innerbezel rotates without any clicks, Very smooth!

But maybe too smooth as it turns the moment you touch it...

The so called HE valve, this is just a orange thing with a black center, no purpose at all. But it does not bother me that much.

2001007667708417615_rs.jpg

Caseback :

2001089348320642878_rs.jpg

The PVD on his does not look as good as it does on the front.

And I cant find any pics of the gen caseback so I cant really say anything about this.

Normal rep lume:

2001045447500912867_rs.jpg

Next to my PVD collection:

2001071766895054126_rs.jpg

Wristy (6,5 inch wrist)

2001074730985756218_rs.jpg

The watch feels really solid and the rubber band sits very good on my wrist.

The only thing I dont like about this watch is that on this one the rotor kind of ratles.

So I opened up the caseback to see whats up.

2001039364694576906_rs.jpg

I am not an automatic movement expert but from what I have seen on forums, this is a

pretty unknown movement for me, it looks so small! what do you think? Cheap knockoff?

The screw seemed to be tight but still there was room for the rotor to rattle. might have to get a closer look later.

Overall this is a great watch for the money. here are some positives and negatives:

+Clear crisp dial

+Working innerbezel (Cool gadget)

+Comfortable strap

+The case looks very good, so does the PVD.

+Good lume

-Rattle in movement

-Non working HE valve (looks weird)

-Innerbezel rotates too easy, its to smooth and it bugs me when i see its not alligned.

Good value for the money.

Thanks PATerai for posting this review. I have been a huge fan of B&R for years now. Spent the afternoon reading about the BR 02 PRO DIAL yesterday.

BR-02.jpg

I have even checked a couple of our dealer links but come not find this model. Does anyone know if this rep is available?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...