When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Leather strap wearing badly. Already?

RRFAN

i bought a breitling bentley at xmas time with 2 straps. the ss and a brown leather one.

The leather strap is gorgeous but despite only wearing it a few times, one side is already starting to fade and wear quite noticably. This is most probably caused by rubbing on my desk at work although I have only worn it about 10 times to work.

Is this normal?

Although the strap is from a high end rep rather than a cheap rep I am unsure if its leather.

Can I put anything on it or am I limited to only wearing the leather strap for special occasions?

i bought a breitling bentley at xmas time with 2 straps. the ss and a brown leather one.

The leather strap is gorgeous but despite only wearing it a few times, one side is already starting to fade and wear quite noticably. This is most probably caused by rubbing on my desk at work although I have only worn it about 10 times to work.

Is this normal?

Although the strap is from a high end rep rather than a cheap rep I am unsure if its leather.

Can I put anything on it or am I limited to only wearing the leather strap for special occasions?

Most rep straps are basically poorly made...Remember...The seller is in business to make a profit, and he'll sell you ANYTHING that looks "nice", even if he KNOWS its crap...

You need to go for an aftermarket strap like a Hirsch, or a Bob, or perhaps something from one of our rep strap vendors to get any kind of acceptable durability at a reasonable price......I've got @ a dozen brand new Panerai rep straps that I bought in bulk for @ $3.00 each...And I overpaid!! ;) ;) ;)

thanks.

Will I be able to buy a strap which has good durablilty and is an exact copy of the original? My deployment strap is more than I could wish for!

Where should I start looking?

thanks again

The search function is your best course....There are many(well several!!) very reliable strap vendors on this and the other rep forums...

Most of the custom guys service primarily the Pam market, but they'll lead you in the right direction!!