When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7750 Accuracy?

DarrenH

I have a Breitling Chrono Avenger with asian 7750 movement. At first, running a little fast - so I thought it best to see what happened over a few weeks. Now, three weeks on it is losing a second per hour!

Any ideas?

Yep - change it for an ETA 7750 - you can't go worng!!

You could try regulating it. Three weeks' running in is fair and even a genuine movement can show that kind of difference from new to used.

I've had a good look at one of the latest 28,800 BPH Asian movements, and provided it's been oiled from the factory I can't see any pressing urgency to change it if it is running ok, especially as yours will be bog-standard with none of the aftermarket-style transfer gears.

Regulating your watch is a 5-10 minute deal. My watchmaker has regulated two of my watches while I looked on, and he didn't charge me either time. One of them was the V72, and his comment about servicing it was, "See how it does, it's expensive to service them." So far it's been right on (he did clean the mainspring at the same time- another 2-3 minutes). It's definitely cheaper just to regulate it- maybe $20-30.

And of course, servicing an asian 7750 could be tough- some people don't like to work on them, and if something goes wrong, you could be SOL. The question is do you spend $200+ to service an asian 7750 or do you bite the bullet and get an ETA 7750 and spend $500 swapping it out? Sometimes the answers aren't easy. But if you only spent $300 on the watch in the first place, give or take, you better like it alot to spend another $500 on it putting a Swiss 7750 in it.

And a second per hour is only 24 seconds per day, it's not a killer. five minutes a day starts bothering me!