When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spiders in Thailand

insane

You betcha I did. Found him two days later on the window. He aint among us today ;)

Guess how well we slept the second night when we didn't know where he was..

Regards

Maybe you didn't splat the right one. Maybe there are hundreds of the little sods...

Sleep well.....

PS. Get a cat. They are the best anti spider device known to man.

We've checked out now, so I'll be able to sleep again. Just arrived in Bangkok.

Going to MBK tomorrow to scout for watches. Probably wont find anything :-(

Regards

Just pray that the spider you whacked don't have relatives in Bangkok. You might wake up to find a cockroach's head in the bed next to you.

Edited by The Mentalist

Just pray that the spider you whacked don't have relatives in Bangkok. You might wake up to find a cockroach's head in the bed next to you.

Hahha.... unless you're staying in a really cheap hotel in Bangkok, otherwise it's pretty unlikely to find any cockroaches crawling next to you.

oh god 10 cm ewwwwwwwww

I once had a 2cm harmless spider crawl near me in the washroom and sprinted out of there as though a bomb was about to blow. I am terrified (and disgusted) by insects of all kinds - especially bees and spiders. Thus, I will never go to Thailand. Thanks for the heads up.

That spider you whacked?

It was one of the legendary Thai Whispering spiders, if you had let it live it would have revealed to you the TRUE, ultimate source of MBW watches.

Too bad.

oh god 10 cm ewwwwwwwww

I once had a 2cm harmless spider crawl near me in the washroom and sprinted out of there as though a bomb was about to blow. I am terrified (and disgusted) by insects of all kinds - especially bees and spiders. Thus, I will never go to Thailand. Thanks for the heads up.

Its my 4th time in Thailand, and the first time I have seen a spider of this size. Thailand is a beautiful country with great, friendly people. You have to go!! :)

We've checked out now, so I'll be able to sleep again. Just arrived in Bangkok.

Going to MBK tomorrow to scout for watches. Probably wont find anything :-(

Regards

Let us know what you find...The MBW shop is on the first floor close to the KFC and diagonally across from a couple of ATMs.

Look for the puffy-cheeked fellow with short hair..Good luck!

Dnt forget to pick up a few stuffed spiders in display cases (big black tarantulas etc) just dont believe the tourist prices and haggle hard. Once you get them out of the case they are a barrel of laughs (read instant heart attacks).

Ive no spiders but still got a few of these bad boys

BigBug.JPG

Dnt forget to pick up a few stuffed spiders in display cases (big black tarantulas etc) just dont believe the tourist prices and haggle hard. Once you get them out of the case they are a barrel of laughs (read instant heart attacks).

Ive no spiders but still got a few of these bad boys

BigBug.JPG

And when these buggers take off they sound like an Apache helicopter !! :D