When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there any customs between the UK and France

wadan

Hehe to clarify. There are still customs between the borders. You may not transport trucks with cigarettes and drugs to france lol... but they only search postal stuff between EU countries for tobacco.... drugs.... etc. No problem with watches. Yours is genuine watch anyway. And as there are no customs duties on regular goods anymore... no worries. But remember that registered airmail isnt insured (or only up to 25

So theres zero chance of problem about customs when buying/selling within EU?

For a gen, the only customs issue you might face is VAT. In general, the French customs should collect VAT, whilst you are entitled to get a refund for the VAT paid in the UK. Check out the local procedures on how this is handled in practice, b e f o r e you buy the item (it's important that this is done the right way in order to get a refund, the authorities sometimes can be a pain in the *** you know.....).

So, the only risk you run into is double VAT.

Guest Mr Jones
For a gen, the only customs issue you might face is VAT. In general, the French customs should collect VAT, whilst you are entitled to get a refund for the VAT paid in the UK. Check out the local procedures on how this is handled in practice, b e f o r e you buy the item (it's important that this is done the right way in order to get a refund, the authorities sometimes can be a pain in the *** you know.....).

From DE to NL you can send w/o any problem, nobody will check your post [no custom] but they are 'shengen country' with GB is problem this country is not in 'shengen country list' and they have border/customs with rest EU and still it is in EU. Customs of EU contries never take VAT on shipments on teritory EU, becouse this is not office for calculating VAT charges on teritory EU. And on EU teritory you pay VAT only once not duble, who pay it depends of how big is turnower of this shop whith shipment to another countries if small they will charge VAT of country where is registered this shop, if big they must charge you VAT of coutry destination. But I think now is not so big problem most EU VAT is now around 20% only Luxemburg have 15% VAT [you can see info @ Amazon EU].

Now I see that you ask about gen whatch - I am 200% sure you don't have ANY problem with this transaction. If you want take this whatch from EU country [you are not resident of EU country] you can have return of payed VAT, ask about TAXFREE check or stamp invoice on border that goods leave EU teritory and later send back this invoice to shop they can return you VAT.

Edited by Mr Jones

This changed years ago. If you pay VAT in one European country, it counts as having been paid in any other.

"No frontier controls exist between Member States and therefore VAT on goods traded between EU Member States is not collected at the internal frontier between tax jurisdictions."

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxat...ks/index_en.htm

Please note, no frontier controls exist between Member States. That means they don't stop replicas.

Guest Mr Jones
Thanks, that was exactly what i was asking for :thumbsupsmileyanim:

No border, no VAT, but stll fu... germany customs can control 'registered trademarks on goods' - my answer about 200% was in case oryginal products. I think you have 90% lucky for shipment replica from UK to DE but still they can stop your replica do destroy it. I order same goods to another EU country and later I ship it to DE to my home ;)

This changed years ago. If you pay VAT in one European country, it counts as having been paid in any other.

"No frontier controls exist between Member States and therefore VAT on goods traded between EU Member States is not collected at the internal frontier between tax jurisdictions."

http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/taxat...ks/index_en.htm

Please note, no frontier controls exist between Member States. That means they don't stop replicas.

Exactly, since the UK is a member of the EU, the taxes/VAT you paid in the UK covers all EUcountries so mo problemos there