When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How picky should a rep buyer be?

Flashman

I was not charged any extra as far as I know for any QC, Neil offers it as standard on all his watches, and they came direct from him, so no drop shipping. Looks like a small slip up on one out of the batch. The other watch was perfect.

I have emailed him the pics as per his request and we are going to talk later today ref a solution. So far so good. We can all make mistakes, so as long as it gets sorted out amicably then I am a happy customer. The movement seems fine and after 2 days off my wrist, it is still ticking away. Much better power reserve than my gen omega!!

TTK CONTACT NOTE: If anyone is trying to get hold of him ref the noobmariner group buy that was done on RWG in December/Jan, you can get hold of him by PM on RepGeek, a lot of his records we frozen here so he could not get contact/order info out. I think admin here are trying to sort something.

T

Bear in mind that you have bought a replica for only $130, a gen would set you back about $3000 and a used gen at least $1400.

So to me it depends on the price paid. Only thing is that if it is not as was advertised and agreed on while buying, I should contact the dealer as you have done.

TTK told me he didn't carry spareparts(for a PAMbracelet that came off) so I hope he can help you with this

I was not charged any extra as far as I know for any QC, Neil offers it as standard on all his watches, and they came direct from him, so no drop shipping. Looks like a small slip up on one out of the batch. The other watch was perfect.

I have emailed him the pics as per his request and we are going to talk later today ref a solution. So far so good. We can all make mistakes, so as long as it gets sorted out amicably then I am a happy customer. The movement seems fine and after 2 days off my wrist, it is still ticking away. Much better power reserve than my gen omega!!

TTK CONTACT NOTE: If anyone is trying to get hold of him ref the noobmariner group buy that was done on RWG in December/Jan, you can get hold of him by PM on RepGeek, a lot of his records we frozen here so he could not get contact/order info out. I think admin here are trying to sort something.T

Just to clarify that point:

Neil was granted access to his PMs, and on open forum, refused to log onto the site to view them..

According to a member of the admin team, his PMs have been archived and emailed to him, so he would now have that information regardless of his access to this forum. Where people have argued with him in the past about issues, he has posted saved copies of those PMs/emails/etc, to support his points, so it is most likely he would have that information already stored, and of course, any new information, would have been emailed to him. Also, of course, if anyone does need to contact Neil to clarify their details, they can do so on RG.

As DemonSlayer pointed out above, if Neil is having issues with his sight, which was his explanation for the problems with the group buy, then he should be taking steps to ensure that the products he sends are being checked by someone without impaired vision, rather than doing it himself. As mentioned previously, for someone who mentioned having problems with their vision, Neil has been quite active on RG since he was banned from this forum for threatening the Admin. I hope that activity is a sign that his vision is improving.

[Edit for clarity]

Just to clarify that point:

Neil was granted access to his PMs, and on open forum, refused to log onto the site to view them..

According to a member of the admin team, his PMs have been archived and emailed to him, so he would now have that information regardless of his access to this forum. Where people have argued with him in the past about issues, he has posted saved copies of those PMs/emails/etc, to support his points, so it is most likely he would have that information already stored, and of course, any new information, would have been emailed to him. Also, of course, if anyone does need to contact Neil to clarify their details, they can do so on RG.

As DemonSlayer pointed out above, if Neil is having issues with his sight, which was his explanation for the problems with the group buy, then he should be taking steps to ensure that the products he sends are being checked by someone without impaired vision, rather than doing it himself. As mentioned previously, for someone who mentioned having problems with their vision, Neil has been quite active on RG since he was banned from this forum for threatening the Admin. I hope that activity is a sign that his vision is improving.

[Edit for clarity]

TTK was offered 12 hours of open time by the Mods to get his PM's. I was online and I actually saw TTK here @ RWG so I am sure he picked up his PM's. Matter of fact(correct me if wrong) TTK was posting to some threads while he was back online during that time period. Again, this can be confirmed by TwoTone. Not here to stir up crap, just posting what I know and what I myself witnessed.

TTK was offered 12 hours of open time by the Mods to get his PM's. I was online and I actually saw TTK here @ RWG so I am sure he picked up his PM's. Matter of fact(correct me if wrong) TTK was posting to some threads while he was back online during that time period. Again, this can be confirmed by TwoTone. Not here to stir up crap, just posting what I know and what I myself witnessed.

Not stirring at all, that's very informative :) I'm just surprized that Neil logged on after publicly saying he wouldn't. No need for him to be short of people's shipping details :) Hope your watch turns up, I wonder how long you might have to wait for the Thai Post Office to respond to enquiries ;) For the record, I've had stuff shipped from Thailand, and it arrived within a month :)

Not stirring at all, that's very informative :) I'm just surprized that Neil logged on after publicly saying he wouldn't. No need for him to be short of people's shipping details :) Hope your watch turns up, I wonder how long you might have to wait for the Thai Post Office to respond to enquiries ;) For the record, I've had stuff shipped from Thailand, and it arrived within a month :)

My watches from Thailand to the Netherlands arrived within 3 weeks....