When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

prototyp - my new 45mm pilot

t

I like it without ;) But maybe the stick markers @3 and @6 could be slightly bigger and more rectangular like on the IWC 3717.

@T: is it possible to have the subdial a bit recessed?

yes the subdial will be a bit recessed. This dial on pic is for the smaller 42mm version. The dial for 45mm version will be bigger and the second hand will be resecessed.

great watch for a great price. you wont get any other hand made watch for a price like this! cant wait to see the finished piece

ps steinhart watches suck bigtime, they have cheap asian made cases, the crown on teh steinhart pilot watch digs so deep into your wirst that you are lucky if you dont end up cutting yourself! YUCK! he probably made 1000 of those watches without ever trying one of them on!

Edited by slay

• 2 weeks later...

ok

here pics of the prototype dial. BUT THIS IS NOT THE FINAL VERSION. I am not happy with this dial and will change small details:

- the numerals and indexes will be litte bit bigger and the dial will not look so "nacked"

- the numerals 3 and 9 are totally wrong and will be changed

- the small second hand is to big and will be smaller and not touching the numerals 5 and 7

here pics of the prototype - but not the final version

45mmpilotdial007.jpg

45mmpilotdial011.jpg

45mmpilotdial053.jpg

45mmpilotdial055.jpg

45mmpilotdial105.jpg

45mmpilotdial134.jpg

45mmpilotdial158.jpg

two holes in the lugs - so you can use it with standard strap or with extra thick strap

45mmpilotdial163.jpg

should anyone interested in this timepieces let me know and i will put you on reserve list. I have a very limited quantity and will build only 20 timepieces in June and than only 10 timepieces each month.

for RWG members will offer a small discount and also a 2nd strap FOR FREE

Wow, T, that's going to be an awesome pilot watch!

I wouldn't mind replacing the numbers 3 and 9 for long markers as on the 3717 and BP. And when you make the subdial smaller it could be nice to make the 6 marker longer.

Is the subdial going to be recessed?

Wow, T, that's going to be an awesome pilot watch!

I wouldn't mind replacing the numbers 3 and 9 for long markers as on the 3717 and BP. And when you make the subdial smaller it could be nice to make the 6 marker longer.

Is the subdial going to be recessed?

a dial without 3 and 9 numerals will come in 2009. And you can change this dail for cheap. I will sell replacement dials for low price.

T-

Very pretty watch. Looking forward to seeing the final version. Are you going to offer it with any decorated movement options? And yes I am still lusting for that LaCroix.

-Kruz

we don