When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue SFSO

dippy

My hope was that I wouldn't like the SFSO and I could avoid putting down the $$$ for the gen. Unfortunately, I loved it from first sight! :p Out of all of the asian reps I've ever own, this one absolutely amazed me!

I even went to the AD and got the genuine Pro Diver strap in blue!

I purchased the Asian version just to "get the feel", now I'm thinking about getting the ETA version. So before I do, I am interested in knowing..............

A. Is the ETA AR coating similar to the factory coating?

B. Does the ETA version suffer the same bezel misalignment issue?

C. Are the crystals different?

I know the end result, I'll be plunking down around $2K for the gen, but I'd like to have a "closer" version than my current asian before I do.

Opinions, thoughts???

A - the AR on the SOSF ETA version is very good

B - have never seen the misaligned bezel issue, could you post a picture? I think this could be luck of the draw rather than Swiss/Asian versions as they use the same case

C - asian comes with mineral, ETA comes with superthick sapphire. For the money I would just send the mineral crystal off for an AR coating!

I wouldn't buy the gen as the rep is one of the best reps around in terms of both look and feel. I would plump your money on something else, something theyhavent repped very well, like the SMP. Alternatively go for something like the Colt which is similar, but again hasn't been repped all that well, see UB7's for pictures, it's a beuaty!

I absolutly agree. I've worn both, and the rep is really really good. I owned the rep and have now bought a gen Chrono Superocean b/c I liked it better and it hasn't been repped yet. In the end, if you go for the gen, get the one you love, but if there is a great rep of the watch, consider one you can't get in the $300 price range.

A - the AR on the SOSF ETA version is very good

B - have never seen the misaligned bezel issue, could you post a picture? I think this could be luck of the draw rather than Swiss/Asian versions as they use the same case

C - asian comes with mineral, ETA comes with superthick sapphire. For the money I would just send the mineral crystal off for an AR coating!

I wouldn't buy the gen as the rep is one of the best reps around in terms of both look and feel. I would plump your money on something else, something theyhavent repped very well, like the SMP. Alternatively go for something like the Colt which is similar, but again hasn't been repped all that well, see UB7's for pictures, it's a beuaty!