When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Submersible Homage For $50 (Wicked)!

Guest asad

So it all begun by me buying a PAM submersible for $50 from iOffer which was decribed as:

"Brand New, 52mm Diameter(Include The Crown), High Grade Stainless Steel Case & Back, Automatic Movement With Day & Date, Month, Tourbillon, All Sub-Dials Work And Adjustable, High Grade Stainless Steel Band, No Paper, Superb, High Quality, Excellent Working Condition! You MUST SURPRISE To Receive This GREAT watch !"

LOL I still laugh my a$$ off to the details the seller had given, sure as Hell I was "SURPRISE To Receive This GREAT watch" LOL

Well a month after ordering, I only recieved one watch, rather than the two I had ordered from him, (The seller refunded me the full amount) So it practically was a free watch.

In detail I did not get a 52mm submersible, it came out to being just a regular 44mm submersible case with out those falling bezel indices and did not even have the screw in lug screws.

So I got BUSY, as the watch was just plain and simply horrible looking to me, This is where the FUN began.

I had seen some submersible homages that looked nice, So this is where I wanted to take this.

I threw out the piece of crap twitchy Movement, Dial and Crystal. But was left with a good Case, Bezel, CG, Crown and Hands.

So I sat on the drawing table to make a nice but simple dial, and placed a order for a crystal. I already had a nice ETA movement laying aroung which fit nicely. I had to modify the movement holder for it to accept the ETA movement. The crytal took some hankering to flush it onto the case and then drilled in the lug screw holes and put a solid un-marked case back.

Then I took it to my watch maker to make it live upto its submersible title, He water proofed it by putting a seal on the crown and in the case as that is where he was seing some preasure release, So he intalled that and preasure tested it to 100FT "Havent tested that yet as my pool only goes 12FT deep".

So to conclude the story the watch only cost me $50, and I got a submersible homage. Which is one sturdy piece of metal!

Here is the Wristy:

DSC06457copy.jpg

Thanks

Looks great.

I woud get one if they was for sale :)

Thanks I get that asked a lot.

You won't believe it, but I like it! :o

Congrats!

Thanks, I know it's one of those. either you love it or hate it.

are ou planning to sell your DIY homage pieces?

I am sorry, I wont be selling any DIY kits due to the reason after speaking to Admins, they stated that I have to go through some rigorous contract stuff to sell stuff with that much demand.

Thanks

I am sorry, I wont be selling any DIY kits due to the reason after speaking to Admins, they stated that I have to go through some rigorous contract stuff to sell stuff with that much demand.

Thanks

Not at all, if you want to sell the few pieces that you have made you can do so by upgrading and selling in the trade area.

It is only if you want to start taking orders that you will need to set up as a dealer.

Ken