When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new Portifino chrono

rblippy

Does anyone have a opinion regarding the new Portofino Chrono??

appreciate feedback before I consider buying one

Thanks

That rep has quite a rack--those pushers look about 25% bigger than the gen. Ditto w/ the crown, which is probably from a larger rep.

post-53-1206895293_thumb.jpg

After a quick look at the IWC website and comparing the pictures from Trusty's website to those on the IWC website i think the replication went quite well... but i'm not familiar with the model.

I looks like a simple straight forward chrono so the A7750 hi beat would be a reliable movement in that watch. Subdial layout and spacing is exactly the same. I don't know how the caseback of the original looks like, but i do know they messed up the caseback of the Portuguese... that should be brushed but is pollished steel.

On the IWC website i can only find a black dial and a white dial version, both with steel/silver hands and markers, so no cream dial or gold markers like on Trusty's website...

Well... if i may advice you, search some more pictures on the internet and compare them with the replica.

Good luck :)