When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss vs China 2824 etc...

Jimmythree

From TZ-UK...

Here is a comparison of the swiss eta 2824 and ST24 (2824 clone) plus some notes about the ST26 (2892 clone).

This fellow does a pretty good job.

Maybe ZZ can get his hands on a couple of these and do a comparo too.

Looks like the easiest way to tell a China 2824 clone from a swiss eta 2824 is the spokes on the balance wheel.

There should be an easy way to tell the China 2892 clone from the swiss 2892 after this fellow gets all the 2892 clone and swiss 2892 pics posted.

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f...p;sk=t&sd=a

Thanks for the link, JT!

That is one excellent comparison of the two movements. The detail of poster Bob photos remind me of those of The Zigmeister in his tutorials. B)

The good news is that the ST seems to be a quality movement and something we'll see a lot more of as ETA availability continues to dwindle. Overall, the ETA does seem better finished to me.

just looked thru jules borel and ofrei but couldn't find the ST-24. My River noob (eta copy 2836) has operated flawlessly for 8-10 months- don't know if it's a ST- Seagull movt or not. Of course, you can still get a 2824-2 from jules borel for $71.35 plus some shipping. But I figure these eta copies have to be a good thing for us- keeps us in watches!

Thanks jimmy