When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best out of box Hublot BB rep available now?

inrila

I just checked on that HBB Tuiga and it's almost a grand!!! Ok, I know this might be a bit of a tangent, but where do you guys draw the line for reps? I mean for that money you "could" get yourself a pretty nice gen.

$300 +/- is the upper end of what I will spend on a rep. That may change to about $600 +/- if I decide to buy the Platinum Big Bang. I purchased the Ice Bang Lite from Silex and am very happy with the watch. It grows on me daily. It lacks the flash of the Plat BB but that is why I went for it. I wanted the PVD understated look. It still gets sideways looks from people. The Quality of the fit and finish is excellent . I know nothing about the accuracy of the Ice Bang to the Gen but as a stand alone rep it is beautiful.

What is this one officially called again? And which sellers sell it? And can anyone post a link to them? I only have a link to one site, and Hublots are not sold there.

Personally, I like the rose gold HBB, but the gen costs more than my car, so I've avoided buying it. I wish the sellers would also list a gen MSRP next to all the models sold, then you could make better purchasing decisions.

Also, I looked online for the gen of this one, and the 1st thing I noticed was that the numbers appear to be a navy blue, but all the gen pictures show the numbers to be black(!).

http://www.theluxurybazaar.com/timepieces/..._TI_450_RX.html

Thanks,

:notworthy:

I really like the Ceramic Bez RG and I had my finger on the trigger to get one for a few weeks now. My rule of thumb with reps is I see it as a waste of time to spend much than more than 10% of the cost of the gen on a rep. I have found some stainless Tags, Omegas and the recent Porsche Design Flat 6, which I initially got excited about, fit in that category where I'd rather just get the gen. However, watches like the HBB I like are $20k plus so $1k isn't out of proportion.

Edited by ozdude

• 2 months later...
Love the look. I do like Panerai's in general, but there is no rep without all these annoying flaws and they are even not close to gens -- hardly can stay close to the gen.

So I want something perfect. Well, _almost_ perfect :-)

I am thinking about HBB Steel, HBB Black Ceramic Black Magic or HBB Black Ceramic Ice Bang.

Where should for them? What is the best dealer for HBBs? And what is my luck to get one as close to gen as possible?

Pls help! I know everybody has his own preferences on dealer, but please share your experience.

If somebody compare HBB rep to gen - can give some notes on that, too?

Thank you!!!

Ultimate Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold Tuiga model just received from Andrew... best of the best boys! Compared to Gen at AD & looks @ feels 1:1.

Pricey but worth it. Happy lad.

post-13740-1213729362_thumb.jpg

Is the RG Tuiga the only HBB which has a Solid caseback??

Also does the movement it has the same with the other HBB reps with personalized rotor; so I can get a separate sapphire caseback from the BB Gold Mat so if I feel like having a see-thru back case then I can swap them. :D

Anyone?

• 4 months later...
Getting the Gen prices of Reps is easily obtained by doing a web search of the watch you are interested in. There are many Gen watch sellers who have sites up on the net with prices.

Thanks tazzman, just found the price to be ~$33,000 USD for the Platinum Mat. Do you have a link to Josh's new website? My bookmark went out of date.

Thanks Raijor, but interesting enough, the price varied on the web from ~$30k to $50k.

I've always believed that you shouldn't wear a rep of a $30,000 watch when you drive a $10,000 car. That's a complete giveaway. :g:

So, as much as I like the Platinum Mat, I don't think it's a good idea to buy. :unsure:

Any suggestions for a rep that only has a gen price of ~$12k? :victory:

• 5 weeks later...
Hello, nothing new ? i m still looking for a Black HBB (ice bang, all black, black magic..), and now i'm totaly lost !

On the new real HBB the bezel is totaly different ? no ?

No, I think that one's brushed and others are not. I believe both types are repped--just make sure the rep has the same type as its corresponding gen.

Plat mat rep has grey hands, gen has black. Huge flaw in my book.

Picked one up a month back and mine has black hands. I understand the first gen Plat mats had polished-shiny black hands and later on a mat finish to accompany the case. Excellent rep, only flaw is the flipside like them all.

I agree the Tuiga is the most accurate out there with the caseback on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Picked one up a month back and mine has black hands. I understand the first gen Plat mats had polished-shiny black hands and later on a mat finish to accompany the case. Excellent rep, only flaw is the flipside like them all.

I agree the Tuiga is the most accurate out there with the caseback on it.

Do you have pictures/review of your HBB Platinum Mat?

The flaws on the flipside generally don't bother me because it's the side that doesn't show :p

Thanks,

:drinks: