When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New black submariner

radiohead101

Hey guys!

Just received my black submariner from Trusty. It's absolutely gorgeous. Transaction was very smooth, Andrew answered every email within hours. He shipped it out immediately, everything was great. I have no complaints.

The watch is great, only two small things. The first is, as we all know, the pearl is pretty lame. The other is that the cyclops is not aligned properly. It seems if I rotated it a bit it would look perfect. Is rotating it easy or should I find a jeweler to disassemble the watch to rotate it (so that I don't break my brand new baby.)

Thank you

RH

Edited by radiohead101

Hey guys!

So.. I was resizing my bracelet. It was my first time, and I was resizing the part where the band fits into the folding clasp part (where there are eight holes on the long metal piece to fine-tune the position of the band within the folding clasp.) I compressed the pin and I guess I did it wrong and the pin would not uncompress afterwards (ie, it stayed collapsed in.)

So now I can't wear the watch, because the band wont stay secure in the folding clasp. I have a bunch of watch band pins but the "heads", or the point parts that collapse into the pin are wayyy too long and won't work (the pins I have are intended to connect the band to the case, which is not my problem at all). Do you think this is something a jeweler would have in stock, or otherwise be able to make work?

Or does anyone have one of these they could overnight :) I can paypal you or something. I'm sick inside!

Thank you

RH

I had one pop open one time and it was lost. I went to a jeweler and the woman had a dig around in the pins box and we found a replacement without too much trouble.

I'm sure someone here will give you one if you can't quickly find one locally.

Could the one you have be just a little stuck? Why don

Just take the broken springbar to any local watch, watch band or watch repair shop & they will sell (or give) you another. These are generally stock items at most jewelry stores (if they sell watches). Any shopping mall that has 1 of those watch band kiosks will have them as well. You might pick up some extras since the springbars that come in many reps are of questionable quality & limited lifespan.

Thanks guys, got it fixed. Looks great, will post picture soon (I want to find out what exactly I have, so I know what parts will fit)

By the way, I went to a random watch/jewelry repair shop, and when I asked about getting my crystal aligned properly he declined the work because he said he wouldn't want to risk messing up a Rolex. I smiled :)