When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unitas problem with winding

eculuke

Please forgive me for not being more knowledgable but I just purchased a omega railmaster xxl with unitas manual movement. I have probably worn it 3 times total. I woke up this morning and decided to give it some wrist time. I wound it up about 30 turns or so. After about 20 minutes I noticed the movement stop working. so I would 10 more or so and movement started back up. after getting to work and sitting down to inspect it. It looks like the coil that winds is out of sorts like a birds nest. Im not sure how to describe it except that it doesnt look in line. It looks kind of jumbled. Any suggestions on how to fix this. If I set it face up down on my desk and wind it in reverse it seems to run. Maybe I can let it unwind itself until it runs out? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Luke

some times after a bump,,,the hairspring can get messed up on the unitas movement (this has come up many times on the forum). There are two possible solutions,,,the first is to take of the back and give a puff of air to the spring with might untangle it. (don't use your breath). The other is easier, just hold the watch in your hand and give a light tap to the case,,,,,someto,es this will untangle the hairspring. usually a hairspring problem makes it run really fast,,,,like 5 mins an hour so it does sound like you might have something else wrong,,but worth trying.