When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New thick SSD bezel true 1 :1 ? -pics-

Rolexman

The first bezel I received from WM was bend during shippment (click here) So I wasn't able do descently fit it on to my SSD. Today the replacement insert arrived and guess what? I was able to click it into place. No glue, grinding etc. needed. I've read Gioarmani's post on how to fit this insert on your SSD and he had to grind and glue it in to place. That's why I think the new thicker bezel maybe 1:1. I'm no expert so don't flame me if I'm wrong LOL...

I do however noticed that the insert sits a tad too low. This way the crystal really pops out. Is it very noticeable? What do you guys think?

2005223084562260863_rs.jpg

2005216360379551310_rs.jpg

2005265405390714557_rs.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

@Rolexman

Im still waiting for my insert to arrive from WM. You got any macro pic of the pearl & how long took them post the item?

The insert was shipped the day after payment and took 5 days to arrive.

Here you go:

2005398357695166913_rs.jpg

2005312285913242196_rs.jpg

2005348068436092356_rs.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

thanks for the great pic man, that look pretty good to me. i'll just wait for mine to arrive safely hopefully no damage. Did you bought the 16610 or 16600 insert?

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out will ya?

Edited by Rolexman

Ok here's mine but i still use the stock insert wif WM pearl. Looks pretty good to me shipping is quite fast. Sorry for the bad quality pic

DSC00010.jpg

Watch looks good. Pearl looks like a zit LOL.

You can remove the insert by first removing the pearl with a sharp razor (just slit it underneath the and pearl pry it out) and then put a flat tip screwdriver in the hole of the pearl and pry the insert out. If you do it carefully nothing will damage. It will take some force as the insert and pearl are glued with a sticky sort of glue.

Edited by Rolexman

quote =

I am getting into the SSD more and more. I want a custom crystal without that "crown" at 6

/quote

Some of the first crystals with the 'clown crown' at 6 had a printed crown that could be removed.

I do not know about all the various later models though.

I have one of the 'perfect eta subs' from Paul from about a year ago and it does have an etched 'clown crown' on it. I put it under a 20x microscope and the etched dots appear to be rough cut but they look OK under regular 5x or 10x magnification.

The crystal is sapphire as I gave it the old 'screwdriver test'. (it was already chipped)

For some crazy reason they made the crystal an odd ball size so a standard DJ/submariner crystal would not fit although it is made in the same manner as a genuine sapphire crystal with a stepped down gasket ledge etc.

The genuine crystal is 2.0mm thick, 30.4mm outer diameter with a 29.5mm diameter gasket ledge.

The 'perfect submariner' crystal is 2.0mm thick, 30.45mm outer diameter with a 29.0mm gasket ledge.

The gasket ledge is the problem as a genuine spec crystal and gasket will not work.

• 2 weeks later...