When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Railmaster

ryaku

yeah the railmaster should say "railmaster" on it. The picture that you have provided is from Joshua, so if you look at the model below that one; with the leather strap, then that would be the correct model. It also has the see-through caseback, i held it at an authorised dealer and its very nice.

EDIT: sorry, realised i didnt answer the question for you. No, i dont think its an original design as the ATs had bar markers and railmasters have the "12, 9, 6, 3" numerals on the dial.

Edited by Marrickvilleboy

I took a look in a omega official dealer window and it looks beautiful, perhaps i like more than traditional aqua terra.

Yes, i saw Josh has another version with railmaster writing...but i was curious.

Also, i found, googling, this pic and it seems genuine to me:

72935-32155.jpg

guess i'm wrong...sorry mate, looks like there is a genuine of it with seamaster on the dial.

Nice looking watch!

Nice looking watch and very accurate imho. :)

I just wish to know now if markers and numbers are relief (with lume) or flat... :huh:

yeah apparently the lume on it isn't very impressive, the markers are not raised like the genuine.

I've liked the XXL railmaster, i think its one hell of a watch but at 49mm i think its a tad too big for my wrist. Plus there is no good reps of it, I was thinking of making my own, but it will cost me around 200USD and I dont think it'll look that good...

:(

yeah roughly.

Involve putting an ETA 6498 into the rep case. Redialing the dial and drilling a new hole for the subsecond dial. Polishing of the backcase and tightening or loosening of the hands to fit the 6498.

Even then it will look nothing as nice as the genuine. :(

Gosh, i forgot you're very expert and skilled in DIY . :)

Railmaster is part of the Seamaster family.....I think the early models were named Seamaster and then changed to Railmaster......I had the original Railmaster....traded it for XXL.......beautiful watch and flat at 49mm....!

I have this Railmaster in my own collection....very rare...because it's fitted with ETA 2834-2 25j auto....and has Railmaster engraved on the clasp....also the best lume I've ever seen on any watch.... I might be putting up for sale...depending on which way the wind blows....!

73041-32128.jpg

73041-32129.jpg

73041-32130.jpg

Neil i forgot to ask you a question:

As you can see in the following pic, in genuine watch markers and numbers are in relief.

Is it the same in replica or markers and numbers are pretty flat as i fear?

73111-32106.jpg

Edited by ryaku