When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some help/advice for my Pam 253

triplehd

Always knew (and saw) the love for Pams on this forum as well as the other forums. Didn't know what the big deal was until I finally grabbed from a member on RG - it's an asian version Pam 253 Flyback. Wow, great looking watch. Only problem - the watch was sold with any straps.

I want to pick up a kick-ass strap for this watch - either leather or rubber. I know the lugs are 24mm, but here's my issue where I need some help. What are tubes/screws? I see them up for sale on the bay. Does this watch take a regular 24mm springbar or tube/screw.

Help a Pam noob ?!?!?

Screws yes. Even if the watch came without a strap,the seller should have included 2 screws I would ask them about that.

Tubes ; not neccessary. I don't use them and owe a few pair that collect dust and the exact watch.

24MM is the size you want. Either 24/24 or 24/22 will work fine.

I bought many straps for my 253, and finally settled on a Greg Stevens Crazy Horse with black stitching.

Posted a group shot on this forum, look at Family in the Sun in my collection area.

Up close solo shot on RWI, under my collection.

Cheers,

M

You need to use tubes and screws. The tubes are inserted into the strap and you use the screws where you would otherwise use springbars. Have fun and welcome to the fold.

Yes, those will be fine. You need a 1.6 screwdriver to screw and unscrew the screws too.

I don't think you need the tubes, but guess it could depend on the strap so better to have them and not need them.

Cheers,

M

Thanks everyone for the help. My first Pam and I'm already in trouble :)

Saw these the on the bay, will these work?

Screws & Tubes

Yes, those will be fine. You need a 1.6 screwdriver to screw and unscrew the screws too.

I don't think you need the tubes, but guess it could depend on the strap so better to have them and not need them.

Cheers,

M

triplehd,

I believe the gen 253 came with a black carbon fiber strap and the rubber comfort/dive strap. You might also want to consider springbar screw/tube combos (search under River, he has some because I just ordered), as my 253 lugs stripped easily after 9 months of frequent strap changes. A cheap place with ultra quick service to pick a lot of these things up...screws, tubes, screwdrivers, straps etc...is panatime.com