When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why not make the best?

radiohead101

Hi guys

I was wondering about some things. Why do the rep makers not make more accurate watches? I'm very new to all of this, but I don't understand why sometimes they'll go 99% of the way but not that extra one percent.

Ie, the Noobmariner. It's a terrific replica. But.. The pearl on the bezel is horrible, the CGs are shaped wrong, and the band has the sharp edges. Yes, these are easily fixable, but why not just do it at the factory, have the best product, and sell the more of them than anyone else (why would anyone buy a different factory's replica if one factory really has the top notch rep?)

Just curious

:)

There are various theories on this including the view that incrementally better versions of a watch sell more because people will always want the next one because it is better. Might be deliberate, might be accidental but only the factories really know.

the 100% are the genuine watches

why we would need genuine when the reps are 100%?

do you think that the reps are 99%... than you never saw the gen. I would say most of the reps are 50-60%... modded PAM

Hi guys

I was wondering about some things. Why do the rep makers not make more accurate watches? I'm very new to all of this, but I don't understand why sometimes they'll go 99% of the way but not that extra one percent.

Ie, the Noobmariner. It's a terrific replica. But.. The pearl on the bezel is horrible, the CGs are shaped wrong, and the band has the sharp edges. Yes, these are easily fixable, but why not just do it at the factory, have the best product, and sell the more of them than anyone else (why would anyone buy a different factory's replica if one factory really has the top notch rep?)

Just curious

:)

Yes, you are very new to all this, my friend.

Why make the best? If you were a company, why make it so perfect that no one will continue to buy another watch from you again for years?

You'll have V1.0 today, V1.1 tomorrow, V2.0 on Wednesday.