When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thoughts on this BCE?

b16a2

From a private seller. Everything looks ok, but the date font certainly doesn't look like the cal.13 movement font, and the b on the stopwatch seconds hands looks lsightly off. The rest of it looks far better than any rep of this model I have seen though! What do you all think?

111_7601.jpg

are you asking if its a gen? if so, it is defintely not

if youre asking if its a good rep....then i would make sure the hands are silver....they look to be black, but that

can be lighting. also, make sure youre getting the upgraded bracelet...writing on the clasp should be in english.

it should not say 'modele depose.' the gen should, but the ultimate (better) bracelet has the writing in english.

I think the OP knew it was a rep.

But I wouldn't pick it up.

1) Looks like a misaligned datewheel

2) The bezel either needs a new ridertab @ 45 or the "notch" had a too large of a cut.

3) The "Tachymetre" is of the wrong font for a "arabic numerals" dial.

I don't know what everyone's going on about. There's no "franken" here and besides the mismatched rider tab (which appears to be from an older "Asian" replica) this watch is 100% unmodified. It's a first generation BCE. Dark hands, famous Serial # 2073888, date font, gap between endlinks and bracelet, etc. Nobody went through any trouble at all on this.

Agreed. I saw it for sale in the TZ sales thread. I contacted the buyer telling him I thought it was a replica and that I advised him to return it to where he bought it from.

I received a reply thanking me for my information, but he disagreed. So I thought I'd post it here. It appears it is a rep, and the poor guy was ripped off!