When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 21J information

blade007

Hiya,

I just bought the Chopard GTXL 21J version and was wondering if can anyone point me to a tech sheet/information regarding 21j movement in general. Is it a good movement that I can wear around without worrying too much???

PS: the Ruter on Chopard GTXL is so noisy..

I wish there was a parts breakdown for them. Took me a couple of hours to work out how the date change worked since all the pieces fell out on me. Eventually I got it, but the spring positions were somewhat puzzling without a single picture of what it was supposed to look like....

Edited by owdeguy

hmmm, I guess I will get it serviced it some point to avoid any major damage and pray for the best..

As a rule, I think reps are to be enjoyed to the max, so I will not worry too much about it, especially a rep that cost me less than $80.. hehe

I wouldn't bother with repairing or servicing. When the movement breakes you just buy a new one at Ofrei (US) or Cousins (UK). A DG2813 (one of the most common used 21j movements) costs about GBP 5,- = USD 10,- + shipping.

I wouldn't bother with repairing or servicing. When the movement breakes you just buy a new one at Ofrei (US) or Cousins (UK). A DG2813 (one of the most common used 21j movements) costs about GBP 5,- = USD 10,- + shipping.

I think hes talking about the chopard GTXL Asian movement, AFAIK no one knows what kind of movement it is yet