When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No more BCE Ultimate?

maxse

Was trying to order an ultimate version in black and silver subdials...

One dealer said out of stock. Contacted Andrew and he said that it is discontinued and pointed me to another BCE model that has double AR BUT the tick mark after the 10 o'clock marker is missing!

Am I missing something here?

Edited by maxse

Problem is I already paid this dealer... He said he could get it and sent me the wrong version. I had to send it back to him and he now says he cant get it...

Anyone know if the black dial silver subdials with numerals is accurate? It's missing the tick mark but I believe so is the gen...

I would not suggest the numeral version of this watch at all, the AR is not the same either. I think they all have weak single AR, not the cool double AR of the one you ordered...

Ask for a refund and go with a dealer who can source the correct watch you wanted. If the dealer says no to the refund, then post a thread about it. There is no reason not to offer a refund if they cannot get the right watch.

Cheers B)

Mike

or go franken get this (older) gen dial http://cgi.ebay.com/Breitling-Crosswind-Wa...bayphotohosting

its from the crosswind model, which is the predicessor to the BCE and get cheiftang double AR :)

wow.. i wanted to jump on this .. until I saw the *cough* ..*choke* price tag... :lol: .. if it were the graphite ... maaayybeee... :rolleyes:

I thought the V2 was the same thing as the Ultimate. I'm just getting into the Breitlings.

same except for one fatal blow.. the hands on the ultimate turn black at different angles .. whereas the V-2 stay silver as they should be.. ;)

it seems some collectors have overcome this with silver hands on the ultimate.. from the factory they are the silver-black variety..

Thanks guys... I have emailed the dealer asking for a refund... Will let you know if he refuses... Thanks again.

if you want me to post a pic of the V-2 ..blk dial with sticks.. let me know..

@pug.. i see you all over the place but your too quiet... are you sick ?? :lol: ..good to see you P ... i'm liking my nikon... i know that not your brand.. :D

wow.. i wanted to jump on this .. until I saw the *cough* ..*choke* price tag... :lol: .. if it were the graphite ... maaayybeee... :rolleyes:

yeah thats the high end for a dial. I have seen them as low as 220. I should have bought that one a few years ago because i can't find it now.

I want to make a franken with the roman numerals crosswind dial.

I'm going for this dial on a Two Tone rep BCE :)

CrosswindUTCchart1024.jpg

Aren't the chrono hands different on the Crosswind vs. Chronomat?

there are lots of differences, i'm not going for perfect clone copy, i'm building a bad ass watch :) plus this blue dial was the reason i started surfing for reps years ago.

Here is a crosswind dial on a first generation rep bce

crossbr5.jpg