When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lost parts for the high beat A7750

Hello my friends, I am afraid there has been an accident at my house. I was changing a date wheel and left my project unfinished on the desk in my room to go see a customer. It seems I did not push it far enough from the edge and my 16month old daughter grabbed the tray I had this in and they are lost. My wife picked up what she could and said I am a dummy stupid :bangin: and should have known better. I agree with her, but that does not help my problem. Now there are some parts that have been lost on my movement and I come to you begging for help. :pray: Would any of you have a dead movement or access to these parts? There are 4 parts total and I would gladly pay for them.

The photo is courtesy of Pug's excellent review on how to change the date wheel. I hope he does not mind that I used it as a reference in my post.

helpsc2ga6.jpg

Would ETA parts be a direct swap for these? My guess is no, but it's only a guess. I guess I could purchase an ETA, but times are tight right now with the US economy and I would like to get this back together without going to that extreme.

I thank you in advance for any help that can be provided.

Lance

Edited to add a 4th missing piece. :huh: and to ask if anyone knows what these pieces are called? I took Freddie's advice and looked at JB and see they have many parts for the ETA 7750. I know they are for the date change, but I do not know what they are called. Part numbers would be good too, but I think I have asked for enough favors.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Unfortunately, I do not have any 7750 parts movements laying around since graphite appeared on the scene, but julesborel.com sell most of the individual 7750 parts for the ETA version. Many of the parts are interchangeable, but I am not sure about those 3 parts. Ziggy may know or you might throw caution to the wind & just order the parts from borel & find out. I doubt such a gamble would cost you more than about $20, including ground shipping.

I'm afraid I don't have the parts you need, but I can relate to your situation.

I myself have fallen victim (more than once) to the curiosity of my own 18 month daughter, who seems to be more than eager in helping me rearrange my parts bins. Thankfully, everything I have is contained in individual baggies, so clean up is easy. But I can certainly relate to your experience :) And no matter how high up, or out of reach I think I have my parts boxes positioned, my darling little girl always goes the extra mile to prove me less the wiser...

*sigh*

Thank you freddie. Would you have a parts list or a link to one? I am sure they wont help me with just pictures of what i need. I now notice that I am also missing the brass colored part at the top of the photo too. Dang! What a mess.

You can download the ETA 7750 parts lists & component diagrams from this page.

Additionally, once you locate the proper part name in the ETA documentation & log into julesborel.com, you can scroll through the entire component parts list for the 7750 & order what you need. Again, many of the parts are interchangeable between the Swiss & Asian versions of the 7750, but I have never had to replace those parts, so you may need to experiment.

@porsche356a, thank you my friend.

@ Ubi, kids are wonderful, we have 4 and we are DONE! In fact we were done at 3, but nooooooo. Surprise/Surprise. I love her still, but if we have another one of those, I swear I am moving into exile and never to be heard from again.