When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EMS / Trusty

Kiterpete

All shipping information was correct and as stated on 'trustys' order confirmation. 'Trusty' emailed me back, he is basically saying that if they come back to him he will charge me an extra shipping charge to send them back again. Not willing to take a chance so I told him to forget it.

Not happy with my first ever rep purchase <_< Lesson learned I guess.

Thanks for for trying to offer a suggestion Freddy

Appreciate it.

All shipping information was correct and as stated on 'trustys' order confirmation. 'Trusty' emailed me back, he is basically saying that if they come back to him he will charge me an extra shipping charge to send them back again. Not willing to take a chance so I told him to forget it.

Not happy with my first ever rep purchase <_< Lesson learned I guess.

Thanks for for trying to offer a suggestion Freddy

Appreciate it.

happens very rarely...too bad. But I'd try again some time.

The order confirmation you receive simply reflects the address you provided, but it has no relevance to what is actually written (by hand) on the shipping label. The watches are usually shipped from China & they occasionally write the address wrong. Depending on what they get wrong, the post office will either find you or return the package to the sender. The only way to verify what is actually written on the address label it is to have the shipper do a trace, which should return an image of the shipping label. If the address (on the label) differs from the address you provided, that is the shipper's fault &, in that case, I am pretty sure Andrew would re-ship at no cost. But if you have already canceled the order..............

I understand your point of view and appreciate you input, maybe the label will show that the 'drop shipper' made a mistake but according to the EMS it didn't even leave customs, it went staight from there back to 'sender' Andrew has made it very clear that if the package came back and I still wanted it there would be additional shipping charges. To me thats just throwing good money after bad.

The Latin term 'Buyer Beware' seems to come to mind...........

Once again thanks for your replies and suggestions.

The order confirmation you receive simply reflects the address you provided, but it has no relevance to what is actually written (by hand) on the shipping label. The watches are usually shipped from China & they occasionally write the address wrong. Depending on what they get wrong, the post office will either find you or return the package to the sender. The only way to verify what is actually written on the address label it is to have the shipper do a trace, which should return an image of the shipping label. If the address (on the label) differs from the address you provided, I am pretty sure Andrew would re-ship at no cost. But if you have already cancelled the order..............

Demand a free reship Kiterpete! Andrew states on his website that he guarantees delivery!

He is just trying to make you pay more, if you do he got lucky. Mail him and tell him he should reship for free because this on his site:

How to order tab on his site:

3. We guarantee our customers to receive their goods safely

AND

Shipping & Handling tab on his site:

We need to remind all customers that we need the following to ensure 100% delivery to you:

Full Name

Full Address with postal code

Telephone number (This is important to ensure Guaranteed Delivery)

He will do it, he has good customer service but it isnt a clean business so he tries to get some money from newbees...

Edited by Antonio_Montana

Thanks I really appreciate the comments from the forum members - I may be considered a newbie, but I'm not stupid :D I have several gens but because that can become (very) expensive I was looking forward to building a nice collection of reps and still intend to do so. Maybe the 300 bucks is the cost of research, be it the hard way, as to where (and who) I should spend my money in the rep business.

Thanks again.

Demand a free reship Kiterpete! Andrew states on his website that he guarantees delivery!

He is just trying to make you pay more, if you do he got lucky. Mail him and tell him he should reship for free because this on his site:

AND

We need to remind all customers that we need the following to ensure 100% delivery to you:

Full Name

He will do it, he has good customer service but it isnt a clean business so he tries to get some money from newbees...

Not wanting to belay this matter but here is the EMS track info.

2008/04/09 09:50 International item has left Canada returned to country of origin

2008/04/08 08:54 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

2008/03/30 18:45 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

2008/03/29 19:03 International item mailed in origin country

AND

Full Name

Dont know whats up with it, but this is Andrews problem not yours. Comes with the territory of being a dealer, he got it already fixed in the selling price so he got his own back.

Mail him for a reship because he promises 100% delivery, point to his own site and statements, that is enough :)

Good luck with it!

I have to say you seem to be throwing in the towel on this watch a little to easy, buying reps can be a rocky old road if you don't like the bumps you need to get back on the highway and stick to gens.

I'm sorry if that sounds a little harsh but you have been advised here by a few members to keep the lines of communication open with Andrew and yet I see you started another thread asking for those dealers that don't drop ship, well sorry but their watches are just as illegal as the drop shippers and you still need to worry about customs.

Ken

Thank you for your email - this is not an issue of customs (in Canada there are few if any restrictions regarding rep's) this is a matter of service and communication and has little or nothing to do with the 'product' - Weather I fork out $3 - $300 or $3,000 I'm not used to being told by any 'supplier' of 'any' product quote If you want your watches to be sent back that will cost you additional shipping' Especially when the website states 'We Guarantee shipment to our Customers'

With regards to 'keeping the lines of communication open' I am quite prepared to do this however the dealer is not responding to my emails......... My post regarding no drop dealers was in an attempt to find a seller/dealer who at least handled the products prior to shipment (themselves) who in turn may take a greater responsibility for the transaction rather than the. "not my problem - pay me more money approach" which in my opinion seems to be the way this transaction has been handled.

I hope this email clarifies my position and concerns.

I have to say you seem to be throwing in the towel on this watch a little to easy, buying reps can be a rocky old road if you don't like the bumps you need to get back on the highway and stick to gens.

I'm sorry if that sounds a little harsh but you have been advised here by a few members to keep the lines of communication open with Andrew and yet I see you started another thread asking for those dealers that don't drop ship, well sorry but their watches are just as illegal as the drop shippers and you still need to worry about customs.

Ken

Just two quick points...

1) I would advise you to take another look at the Canadian laws regarding reps because I assure you it is nowhere near as straightforward as you believe.

2) Whatever else Andrew may be he is one of the best in replacing lost or undelivered items, it may simply be that he has given you a stock answer until he knows more himself.

Ken

Kiterpete, I am facing the exact same situation as you describe. I have just emailed Andrew as well let's see if he replies. I am very sure I did not provide the incorrect address. On top of that i was home the whole day. According to the EMS tracker they tried to deliver and failed. According to Canadapost tracker the item has been shipped back to the sender.

I called canadapost and like you said they want the sender to begin a trace.

So that's two of us in the same boat. If Andrew doesn't agree to ship for free, I'll ask for a refund.

CANADAPOST

2008/04/09 09:50 International item has left Canada

2008/04/08 08:52 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

2008/03/30 18:45 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

2008/03/29 18:03 International item mailed in origin country

EMS

2008-03-29 18:03:00 City of Beijing Posting

2008-03-29 20:03:00 TIANCUNYINGYUNBU Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-03-30 14:56:15 BEIJING Arrival at Sorting Center

2008-03-30 18:45:46 BEIJING Despatch from Sorting Center

2008-04-08 08:52:00 CANADA TORONTO-A Arrival at Sorting Center

2008-04-08 08:52:00 CANADA TORONTO-A Handed over to Customs

2008-04-09 09:50:00 CANADA TORONTO-A Dispatch at Sorting Center

2008-04-09 09:50:00 CANADA L4W Attempted delivery

Edited by zydus

I completely agree with Kenberg. In the context of an (illegal) enterprise that is populated with hoards of crooks & charlitans, Andrew is 1 of the more honorable & reliable collectors with a long-established reputation for delivering reasonable goods. Once he is able to verify the shipping problem, I am sure he will make it right. So I would give it a bit more time before assuming the worst based solely on the cryptic info you got from the post office.

EMS

2008-04-09 09:50:00 CANADA L4W Attempted delivery

There is your answer. The local post office attempted to deliver your package on April 9, but, for some reason, was unable to. Generally, this is because either the address on the shipping label is incorrect/unreadable or no one was at the destination address to accept the package.

I believe it is general policy to make 2 delivery attempts after which the package is either returned to the sender or returned to your local post office for x number of days (usually about 1 week) to give you time to contact the post office & claim the package. If the package is not collected, it is then returned to the sender. In that case, the fault lies at your end, so I would not expect the seller to cover the cost of re-shipment.

There is your answer. The local post office attempted to deliver your package on April 9, but, for some reason, was unable to. Generally, this is because either the address on the shipping label is incorrect/unreadable or no one was at the destination address to accept the package.

I believe it is general policy to make 2 delivery attempts after which the package is either returned to the sender or returned to your local post office for x number of days (usually about 1 week) to give you time to contact the post office & claim the package. If the package is not collected, it is then returned to the sender. In that case, the fault lies at your end, so I would not expect the seller to cover the cost of re-shipment.

Like I said, i was home the whole day. Canadapost handles EMS, and as per canada post no delivery attempts were made.

I just received an email from Andrew. He said he'll check the issue with his forwarder and then get back to me.

Like I said, i was home the whole day. Canadapost handles EMS, and as per canada post no delivery attempts were made.

Then the address on the shipping label is probably wrong & post office attempted delivery to the (wrong) address on the shipping label. Been there, done that. A pain, but all you can do is wait for Andrew to sort it out.

This will probably be my final post on this subject: The 2 EMS reports do not agree, Canada Post states that no attempt was made to deliver these packages to my address. To be sure I checked with our main import terminal who informed me they have been returned to sender. I also went to the local postal sorting office who gave me the same information but did 'look around' to see if the package had fallen through the cracks and showed up anyway - it hadn't.

Andrew has now told me instead of me having to pay additional shipping he wil look in to it.

Once again I would like to thank the forum members for there input.

KITERPETE

[ quote name=zydus' date='Apr 11 2008, 06:52 PM' post='434187]

I just received an email from Andrew. He said he'll check the issue with his forwarder and then get back to me.

Canada Post will possibly send back parcels for 3 reasons; 1) the address of the receiver is wrong, especially the postal code 2) there is not proper senders address or it is in another language other than english/french and 3) there is no proper declaration on the package or it is in the wrong languages (they have a choice to open it and guess but they do not have to).

For ease, ask that all addresses be complete and in english and have some sort of declaration of value and contents.

Also it looks like it is all the same Customs office so they must have decided to handle things the same way (there are only 3 Customs locations for Canada Post mail - Vancouver, Missis., Montreal)

TimeShare

I have ordered over 30 reps from Andrew. Everyone has reached me. I monitor every package through Canada Post and when it shows on the tracking that the item is out for delievery, I expect it that day. If I don't receive it for any reason, I call the post office and pick it up personally. Packages get sent to the same post office everytime if it is being sent to your home. Andrew is quite an honorable guy. I am very confident that he can work something out for you. Good luck.

Hi...

This is currently already under check by myself. To protect your NAME and OWN INTERESTS, please remove the tracking number because it will show your name if delivered. You never know who lurk around in these Forums.

Shipping Address - I will NEVER get this wrong on the package because we follow WORD for WORD. Common things happened when the rainy weather caused the slips to get wet and letters is illegible. Other than that, 99.999% of all EMS packages reach customers with no problems.

CANADA customs has been a little weird too these days.

Anyway, I will check on this. Please remain in EMAIL contact. I dont surf the forums daily. Apologies and have a nice weekend

CHEERS

ANDREW

This will probably be my final post on this subject: The 2 EMS reports do not agree, Canada Post states that no attempt was made to deliver these packages to my address. To be sure I checked with our main import terminal who informed me they have been returned to sender. I also went to the local postal sorting office who gave me the same information but did 'look around' to see if the package had fallen through the cracks and showed up anyway - it hadn't.

Andrew has now told me instead of me having to pay additional shipping he wil look in to it.

Once again I would like to thank the forum members for there input.

KITERPETE

[ quote name=zydus' date='Apr 11 2008, 06:52 PM' post='434187]