When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My "Ideal PAM" Fantasy Project

sssurfer

My next question is do you have clearance on your's to change the date (obviously). Reason I ask is when I pull the crown to adjust the time on the mini, the crown almost touches the top of the crown guard.

Yes, on my minifiddy the clerance is barely enough, but it is enough. Also my crown almost touches the CG, but I can set the time.

Just, beware: yesterday my minifiddy crystal exploded. :black_eye:

Oh man

I'm sorry to hear that. I went ahead and ordered an acrylic 37.2mm crystal from CousinsUK today.

What sucks is sometime between my ride home and now, all the lume fell out of the min. hand on my mini and is floating around on the dial. I tried to remove the movement but it was a no go from the back.

Do I need to do something else besides removal of the crown and movement retaining clips?

Oh man. Sorry to hear your troubles as well. :(

So it seems there are two slightly different mini-fiddy models around.

One with the movement removable from the back once you take the caseback out.

The other one where you need to remove the movement from the front side, after removing the bezel + crystal.

Exactly like the fiddies, IMO.

EDIT: I just read your other thread where you made it clear that the movement can be removed from the back.

So far so better.

About acrylic crystal:

unfortunately, glueing a cyclops on acrylate is a nightmare, I already tried it.

I'll have to sort it out some other way. :g:

I also have a replacement crystal (from a 212) right here -- but naturally I am now also scared to death it will explode as well. :cold: